rF2 F1 1992 @ Imola - Sun February 6th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Running qually tyres at interlargos wasnt a good strategy although i won the race it was due to p2 making mistakes. I drove every single lap like a qually lap and it wouldnt have been enough.
Imola was a little bit different it was slightly safer thsn interlargos but still not good enless your pole and quick and very consistant on those tyres! Run wide or go off once and its not going to work!!!

And at 112mph?!! Jeez,lol,hard to imagine that they went alot quicker in the pits then. 60mph now isn't it? Must seems like a crawl nowadays lol

There never was a speed limit in the pitlane in those days, so you could go as fast as you want. It was only after Imola 1994 when Alboreto's wheel came off and struck Nigel Stepney in the pitlane that they decided to restrict how fast cars traveled in the pits.

I was getting dinge 100 points if I went above 110 kph on pit exit. Maybe that's are a part of the core RF? I would think that the creators of the mod would have wanted it to be as authentically accurate as possilbe? Hence my previous question regarding the sequential shifter vs the paddle shifters.

I believe Senna even did the fastest race lap on a circuit at one time when he went through the pitlane.

Indeed he did. Donnington 1993, he came into the pits for tyres but his mechanics were not ready for him so he carried on rather than wait, and proved that at some circuits, the pitlane was the faster route. He was leading comfortably at the time so he probably did have the time to stop and wait for them.

I was getting dinge 100 points if I went above 110 kph on pit exit. Maybe that's are a part of the core RF? I would think that the creators of the mod would have wanted it to be as authentically accurate as possilbe? Hence my previous question regarding the sequential shifter vs the paddle shifters.

I think it is the track that has the speed limit and not the mod, as the mod doesn't have a speed limiter on the car, which is accurate. In rFactor, each track has to have a pit lane speed limit but the guys who built this one didn't put it high enough.

How it works is this:

The track pitlane speed overrides everything. If the track does not come with a designated pit speed, then the mod's pitlane speed setting comes into play.

Cars in mods can be equipped with or without a pit speed limiter (usually according to real-life), regardless of whether the track's pitlane has a speed limit.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 332 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 462 39.2%