rF2 F1 1992 @ Imola - Sun February 6th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Had fun in my first race here with the Race Department members. I have to say you are a bunch of good guys to race against.

My first race was kind of crappy as I hit a ricocheting car down the front straight and lost at least one wheel and a front wing. Solidly in last place worked my way back up to mid field.

Second race was more fun racing Mark Mendonca, Chris Knight and William.

All and all good mod and fun racing.

Great night of racing.

Quali 1: Did a solid lap and was 6th on the grid.

Race 1: Made a good start and avoided a few people who went off. Sami tried to pass me on the run down to Rivazza but lost it and nearly hit my car twice. After a couple of laps, I was tucked up behind Andreas on the run to Tamburello. I pulled out and took the outside line and went right around the outside of him to move up into 3rd. Stayed there for a while until Martin went off and I was up to 2nd. Martin soon got past me again due to his low wing setting but also went off again which left Steve and I to battle to the line. We came across a backmarker in the Aqua Mineralli which slowed me down and put me on the wrong line on the exit. I hit the curb on the left which sent me to the right, where I was just about able to hold it. With Steve now right on my tail, I managed to hold him off till the line to take 2nd.

Quali 2: Did one of the laps of my life to smash my PB and get third on the grid.

Race 2: Had a slow start and received a tap from behind which made the car feel funny. On lap 2 going into Aqua Mineralli the car just lost the back end and I went around just avoiding Martin. Recovered but was lying 5th and soon caught up to Lee who had gone off at the exit of the Variante Alta. The next lap, he went off at Pirotella, bounced about a bit and shot out onto the track in front of me. Luckily I was able to avoid hitting him and was soon past him when he went off. From there I just looked after the car that just didn't feel right and was able to finish 3rd after Martin went off.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced :)

Sorry Erick :eek: that may have been me you hit? I spun pulling away on the grid :confused:
Someone hit me as i spun round and i came to a holt, i know that much. Sorry mate :redface:

Race 1- Accident. Never travelled more than 20 feet! 360 degrees though :redface:

Race 2- i qualified 10th :D got a poor start and i was passed by just about everyone else! I think i got damage somewhere in that? And by lap 3 i was running last.
I pitted for repairs and came out and just got my head down to get to the end of the race. I picked up several positions as others fell off and finished 8th.

First. The words kept repeating in my head, "Avoid the wreck's, stay clean even if you go off, enter the track safely, even if you loose spots". Had a hard time staying connected to the server but all worked out in the end. Was a lot of fun running this mod. Martin Bulgin didn't see ya come up on the inside until I was already committed to the race line, though I think that wasn't a good place or time to attempt to pass and I don't think there wasn't enough room too sorry mate. Got into it Chris Knight in R2 I believe, managed to get by him after T1. Same corner Martin Bulgin and I collided. Still had fun fighting with all three racers for position. Good racing Erick Davis. Snatched 9th in R1 and 6th in R2.
Congrats to the top 3 and was fun racing with you all!

I'm sorry about the start accident, just couldn't keep up with the REVs because of louder sounds of other cars. Gonna do some adjustments before the second race.

Same here with the opponents snds so loud. If tou figure out a fix lemme know.

I had a ton of fun racing F1 with RD and Co.

1st race was a loss with a DNF.

The sec race from the back half of the field made a blinder start and was soon in 6th.
Had some great battles and was spent by the end of the race.

Great job all!

Rich

Yeah the default sounds are a bit loud, they can be turned down but you have to edit them. I know a friend of mine did that to his install but i'm not running it myself. I just look at my panel.

So yesterdays racing was great fun.
Quali’d 12th for race 1. Not what I was looking for. I thought I could have been a lot farther up the grid, but just couldn’t get a good lap in. Had a bad start in race 1. I was asleep when the green lights came on and lost a spot. After a few cars crashed I was in 7th. Had a great battle with Steve Davis for a lap or so, but he was faster with fuel and he got by me with some very clean racing too. Then Rich Dozier and I had a go at it for a bit, but he dropped back after a short time, not sure what happened. I pretty much cruised for the rest of the race and ended up finishing 7th.
Quali’d 13th for race 2. Between races I decided to make a change to my race setup and forgot to load the quail setup and that cost me big time. Had a better start and was in a Erick Davis, Mark Paquette sandwich for a while. Erick and Mark fell back and I found myself chasing Rich again with Mark Mendonca ahead of him. Laps 6 through 15 I spent chasing Rich but couldn’t get by. We finished 4th and 5th respectively .
The whole day was very exciting with some really great racing.

I vote old Silverstone for the next race. Same car for me please, Ligier, Boutsen.

Where ever the next race is please paste me in for Ligier - Erik Comas

Imola was great fun, one of my fav all time tracks even with that terrible chicane at Acque Minerale.

Qual 1 I forgot to load my qualifying setup. Then I tried to go out earlier and there was too much traffic and I was slowing down to give myself a nice gap. I thought I was outside enough but apparently I wasn't someone slammed into me. My apologies to who ever that was. Went back to pits it took some time for the repair. I rushed out again w/o proper setup. By the time I noticed it was too late. Started 20th. Start of race was messy lots of collisions managed to get through and started making up ground. Got too aggressive coming onto Variante Bassa trying to get close for a slip stream but got lose and slammed the wall. Race over.

Qual 2 loaded the proper setup. Qual'd 7th. Good clean start to race, I think I might have dropped back to 8th or 9th. Was very excited pack was tight. Guess I got too excited spun coming out of Tosa and a bunch of cars went by. Then got to hot trying to get started and slammed into the inside wall bending front suspension. Wasn't too bad and started making up ground. As Erik stated there was some good battles between the drivers he listed. Then you think I might have learned from first race? I got too hot coming out of Variante Bassa again and ate the wall again. At least I made a few more laps.

All in another great Sunday of racing!

Good Choice Chris. Nigel kicked arse in that car in 92 winning 9 of 16 races.

http://www.formula1.com/results/season/1992/

Both Interlagos and Imola were on the schedule that year. Monaco and Silverstone were also. Either one would be good. But to be perfectly honest I don't like the changes that have been made to either track. Both were classics in the day. Others were classics on that schedule also. Amazing how much it's changed to the current one.

I believe there's a version rFactor version of Kyalami from that era; Don't know if anyone has been to this sight or not but on some tracks it lets you see how the track evolved over the years:

http://www.etracksonline.co.uk/Africa/South_Africa/kyalami92-96.html

One other thing; Just curious (not that it makes a difference) for those of you who do have a sequential shifter are you using it when driving this mod or are you using your padels? I use the sequential shifter.. That's just me. I'm pretty sure they didn't have paddles that year. I don't use the graphical wheel either. Just the dash, all the data is on the dash with these cars. For me it's all about 'immersion'.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%