rF2 F1 1992 @ Hockenheim - Sun April 10th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Cockpit view?

I'm not sure that the "cockpit view only" restriction is the best way to promote that view, but it is Scott's server, and his intentions are good.

My objection to cockpit view was the constant shaking and bouncing, but Scott showed me how to eliminate that in the plr file.

Now I'm a convert too - after five laps with the new view, I'd shaved over two seconds off my previous best at Hockenheim. Your results may vary, but it's worked great for me. Thanks, Scott!

Garry

I like to use TVCam as I feel the limitations of a 2D monitor and the cramped sightless cockpit view take away from the racing experience.

I can drive pit but must have the virt mirrors enabled as the range of adj on the mirrors won't work for me.

I was glad to see RD drop the forced cockpit in F192.

Have run across this in the past with purists on one side and ppl who wanted to see out on the other.:cool:

Suzuka bound!

Sorry guys things didn't go the way that I hoped and I missed all the fun.. ehhh racing? Sounds like some things need attention to?

Lee thanks for posting the schedule that's great!

Steve check out my cockpit view. The whole setup including G27 wheel cost me 1500 US. The vid doesn't do it justice but it gives you the idea. I don't use the 'virtual' wheel either the 92 mod is perfect for that because all the indicators were on the dash. The G27 has the RPM indicators LED's. They're a pluggin but it's a neet little 'tidbit'.

Mark, very nice. Garry - slow down. Ive noticed how much quicker you have been lately youre nearly up with me now.
Chas - im going to try cockpit view but Garry is right if Scott unticked the forced view it might make his server more attractive to non cockpit view drivers.
With regard to testing i usually find I set what will prove to be about my best time within the first 20 laps. Ive been doing 2 different mods each week lately, maybe i would be better concentrating on one only, but racing those WTM and V8's is quite good fun, albeit its still at the back of the field.
Scott, maybe you could post some times that people are getting in your server to give us an idea where we need to be.

Hey,Mark if i had that kinda set up? I'd definetly be in cockpit view!
I drove a Renault single seater round Knockhill and the first thing i had to get used to was the fact the view was completey different from the Saffire Cosworth we 'trained' in. It's a fantastic feeling! Your eyelids flapping up and down with every bump lol
For me? It just feels more realistic driving down here,low! I tend to think i have a better feeling of what the rear end is doing too. When i moved to CP view it took some practise to get good with it. Spotting the apex can be tricky on some tracks,but like everything? You adjust to it and then it feels natural.

Hey,Mark if i had that kinda set up? I'd definetly be in cockpit view!
I drove a Renault single seater round Knockhill and the first thing i had to get used to was the fact the view was completey different from the Saffire Cosworth we 'trained' in. It's a fantastic feeling! Your eyelids flapping up and down with every bump lol
For me? It just feels more realistic driving down here,low! I tend to think i have a better feeling of what the rear end is doing too. When i moved to CP view it took some practise to get good with it. Spotting the apex can be tricky on some tracks,but like everything? You adjust to it and then it feels natural.

Wow when you say single seater you mean open wheel correct? That's awesome! Closest I've come to that was karting you can't get any closer to the ground than that! Scott used to do some karting also he had 2.

Steve what I really like about the new setup is I can see the cars coming up on the sides. Last week Scott was coming up on my right going into T1. Although he was sitting right in my mirrors (I should have seen him anyway) I didn't hear him so I wasn't looking for him. Now with the new view he would have been right there I would have seen him before turning in.

Yeh Mark it was a Formula Renault :cool: it was awsome! On my 4 or 5th lap,i spun heading into turn 2,too much throttle! When the session was over and i entered the pits and parked up,one of the pit guys asked me ''how was it''? I said ''ah,i spun at turn 2'' He replies with ''at least you were pushing it then'' I thought to myself :) yeh,i was wasn't i :) Fantastic!
I also did a 2 session in the infamous Legends! Now they were like driving a big go-kart! Alot of fun! I didn't want to pit when the session was over lol
I used to travel up north to drive twin engine karts,the only place that had a great indoor track and awsome 70mph karts!
Now i drive rFactor :cool:

Links Chas please I need to see these cars...(Don't take that wrong I'm just curious what the Legends cars look like). I'll Bing it see what I can find.

I have a question about the other clubs. Maybe one of you can answer if not I'll try to find the proper place to post it. I noticed on Lee's schedule they're going to run an indurance race in the Porsche cup cars at Nordschleife. Can any RD member enter? I love that track I know it very well. I'd love to run that session.

I'm going to get out of here and join Scott's server as soon as I get home.

This is a link to the car but not the event or car i drove http://driving-experience.knockhill.com/ Look on the left for ''Drive a race car'' They've changed both the training car and race car since i drove.
The Legends? teehee You can get a mod for that! lol There is a Legends mod for rFactor Mark. You can get it various sites like Rfactor central. You should take a look ;-)

I have a question about the other clubs. Maybe one of you can answer if not I'll try to find the proper place to post it. I noticed on Lee's schedule they're going to run an indurance race in the Porsche cup cars at Nordschleife. Can any RD member enter? I love that track I know it very well. I'd love to run that session.

Anyone can join Mark, just look out for the sign up thread. You should be able to get the mod from the last event. PCC @A1 Ring

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back