rF2 F1 1992 @ Brands Hatch - Sun May 1st 2011 [EU]

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'm with you Mark ;-)
I don't expect to be quick this weekend. I've never been quick at this track! Sad to say,i've never been 'into' Brands Hatch. I find it boring,but in one of these cars? Jeez! It's just a bit different lol
I'll be giving it my best as usual this weekend. Hope to see the chequered flag!

I think completing the race is the big issue here. There are quite a few turns where a very small mistake will end your race.

Q1 - kept spinning out, no lap time.
R1 - crashed out on lap 2, after a bad start caused by GPU overload.
Q2 - qualified 11th with a PB of 1:03.xxx
R2 - brilliant start as usual but ran into the back of Palmer who was going at about 1mph.

That sums up my evening. :mad:

4 races so far (last week and tonight) and I haven't finished any of them.

Funs.

Chas - apologies for the T1 thing in Race 2, I thought I was quite a bit in front and you came off on your own. Didn't realise we made contact until I just looked at the replay now. Sorry mate.

Slow and steady gets you 8th - or close to that :)

Ferry - you might want to use a little patience next time and wait until we're not flying through the flat out corners at the back of the circuit before attempting to overtake. I might be crap and miles behind, but you're supposed to be patient.

Hi guys,

Race 1, I dont really know how to put this, so here goes.
I got distracted as the count down was going on, the time run out, I could hear the engines revving I hit the race button expecting to start in the pitlane, nope it plonked my car on the grid as the lights were about to change to green, I hit the throttle and smacked the old girl into gear and wacked into the barrier, wheel gone race over. I am sorry if there was someone behind me.

Race 2, went smooth no issues.

Chris

Great racing today. Had some really good battles in both races. Only had 1 incident with a lap car in race 2, but no big deal.
All in all some very good racing out there. Great fun. See you on the Rothmans server in Detroit.

Congratulations to my buddy Chris for a kick ass win in race 2.

Q1. Couldnt get a decent lap but 7th was ok.
R1:Great battle with chas and Adam who obligingly both spun off. finished 3rd.
Q2: Worse, 9th.
R2: Got a decent start and was running strady till the Chas/Birney accident which slowed down Hubert who was avoiding them to let me get ahead and eventaully take 3rd place which is where I finished.
2 decent finishes in non incident races for me, Chas the accident you mentioned involved the other Benetton, see above post by Norman. When you went off I was in turn 3.

Agree with Scott, weve got some really god guys in here now and hopefully the newer ones will become regulars too.

Firstly: my apologies Steve :liquor: Just saw a Benneton and assumed it was you.
Nextly: thanks for the apology Norman,appreciate it. We were side by side. My general rule is,if theres somone near me and i can't see them in my mirror then,i leave them room,even if i lose a position. Rules state you should have waited etc. Anyways.......:cool:
Q1-my PC froze and i had to reboot. I got 6 mins of quali and got P10.
R1-Got a great start and and i was P6 by turn 2. Passed Adam on lap 2 for P5 as he had a wobble going on at turn 4 or 5.
Someone clipped the board at turn 3/4 and gave us a chicane to deal with,passed Andreas for P4. Board was gone by lap 10! I got Mohan when he lost it at turn 10,P3. Andreas re takes me,P4.
Steve was catching me but made a mistake on lap 13 at turn 5 or 6 and i can breath a little!
Lap 14 i lose the rear at turn 3 and had to pit for a new nose,P7. I get P6 as Ferry goes off.

Q2- P5 on a 1:01.415,a close quali with Adam :cool:
R2- Made a good start but going into turn 2 i was lucky not to collect Mark and Adam as i hit the brakes and run wide between them! :confused: P5
Mark makes a mistake on the run upto the last corner and i passed him but as i take the corner he clips my rear and spins me,he then loses it and hits the pit wall! I'm P10.
Lap 2!!! lol Mark and steve battle and Mark spins,i'm P8.
Lap3-too much racin' goin on lol you'd need to watch the replay lol
Adam had an off, Scott,Norman,Steve,Martin and myself all fighting for position! Some great racing between us.
I had an off when Norman and i were side by side,pushed me onto the gravel on the straight going upto turn 1,P9.
I finished P6 after another off and a pit stop so, all in all tonight? Lucky to survive! :cool:
Great racing tonight guys :cool:
Thanks Lee,Adam and RD :cool:

just noticed the schedule, wicked selection

1st May 2011 - Brands Hatch, England
8th May 2011 - Detroit, USA
15th May 2011 - Donington, England (GP Layout)
22nd May 2011 - Mid Ohio, USA (No Chicane)
29th May 2011 - Jerez, Spain (Classic)
5th June 2011 - Estoril, Portugal

Definately good races and some fights.
yeah Steve, was a scary moment when they crashed there on that moment.

Shame i run past myself twice and didn't finnish eventually.
Second race was going well overall before that though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back