rF2 F1 1992 @ Barcelona - Sun February 27th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Was really tired for this event after having a 2 hour drive home just before.

Quali 1: Good lap but could of gone quicker. P2.

Race 1: Made a good start and watched Ferry disappear into the distance with his quali tyres. Andreas had a couple of attempts at getting past on lap 1 but then dropped back, leaving me to run the entire race on my own. Finished P2.

Quali 2: Slower than Q1 but could of gone over half a second faster on my last run. P2 either way.

Race 2: Made a good start and settled in behind Ferry. Pulled away from those behind as Ferry charged off again and then tiredness caught up with me. Ran a bit wide out of turn 7 and speared off into the wall. Race Over.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced.

I really don't like it when things get so 'serious' when we're sim racing. Believe me I'm juast as 'immersed' in this stuff anyone. Until it becomes personal and finger pointing starts. I think most drivers know when they screw up. Most are apologetic, most get out of the way when being lapped etc.

That being said, if you have ever studied 'statistics' you can take a sample from any 'population' and you can predict the 'probabilities' and 'standard deviations' of larger samples. What would the world be like if we all could just tolerate one another? We all do and say things we regret at one time or another. It's called being 'Human' no one is perfect.

It is my understanding that these races are 'club' races and not regular league races. We don't even drive the same cars week to week. It's all about having fun, being competitive and being respectful of the other drivers. I don't think anyone wants to conscsiously get in anyone's way. If you want to share setups, talk during any session that's fine with me also. Excuses don't make you faster.

I find humility to be one of if not the most admirable characteristics in another human being. Walk quietly and carry a big stick is what I was always taught. Tolerate your Brothers and Sisters. Love one another. People will recognize your abilities, show them don't tell them.

I practiced starts at Barcelona with the AI from the back of the pack. You couldn't see the ligts at all from back there. During our races I started from 8th R1 and 5th R2. Neither was much better. Regardless I always am looking at the car directly in front of me and what he is doing. If he's not moving it's on me to do something no one else. Again excuses won't make you faster.

I raced on qual tires both heats. I practiced up to 8 laps with them and didn't see the difference between them and softs. R1 I had trouble qualifying and and was 8th. R1 I was behind another car tryiing to get by and made a bad decision trying to out brake him and ended up sliding. When he turned in he clipped my rear wing off. I didn't even think of pitting to replace it. That was lap 4 or 5 or somewhere in there. R2 got a decent qual time, got off to a good start R2, struggled up to the P3 car and made a decent pass at the end of the main straight. I was hooked up at that point and was closing on P2. Lap 8 my tires turned into 'skates'. Lesson learned. It never dawned on me again to pit change tires and then 'fly' out of the pits. Lesson 2. You can't even enforce pit limiter it's just not in the mod nor was pit speed limited in 92. We all race under the same conditions anyway. It's not different for anyone.

Even though I didn't finish either race I had great fun. I was surprised to read some of the comments when I got home from work today. Immersing myself is essential to having fun with this stuff but not to the point we're piddling with each other over it.

Thanks to RD for running these fun events each Sunday I hope they will continue I look forward to them.

Was it just me or did no one get any ranking points at all after this race?
I finished 2 times in top 8 and I did not even get 1 single point. really wierd if you ask me. (I know how the point system works but I am always positiv that when ever I finish in top 4 (which I did) I will get at least up to five points)

I feel I need to clarify what i meant. I practice for races. I know how much fuel I need for a race. I know how the start lights work. I know what wings to run. Most important I read and know the rules. I am prepared to race. I also know I am not the fastest or best driver and I know when to get out of the way. When i said bad drivers i really meant unprepared drivers. Again, I apologize. I can see I'm in the wrong place. Can an Admin please delete my account? I won't be back.

I feel I need to clarify what i meant. I practice for races. I know how much fuel I need for a race. I know how the start lights work. I know what wings to run. Most important I read and know the rules. I am prepared to race. I also know I am not the fastest or best driver and I know when to get out of the way. When i said bad drivers i really meant unprepared drivers. Again, I apologize. I can see I'm in the wrong place. Can an Admin please delete my account? I won't be back.

For the most guys here do do this, but the good thing about rd club is it allows the more time limited driver to turn up do 15 mins and get a reasonable speed on. Pretty much all of the regular drivers in these events will do testing before, start lights, fuel, wings etc.

. When i said bad drivers i really meant unprepared drivers. Again, I apologize. I can see I'm in the wrong place. Can an Admin please delete my account? I won't be back.

Mark we're all human we all have said or done things we didn't intend to end up the way they do. Just forget it. Prepare all you want there's nothing wrong with that. IMO there's nothing wrong with not being prepared either. If you can't tolerate that then maybe your're right. GLA.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 393 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 264 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 253 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 185 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 313 13.0%