rF2 F1 1992 @ Aida - Sun March 27th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
the more I drive this mod the more I like it, theres nothing quite like it in terms of fun, speed and it's a fantastic looking mod

Couldn't agree more. I've loved the mod since day 1 and it just keeps getting better. Cars are fantastic to both look at and drive. It's a challenging mod but its a great reward when you do well :)

Practice was a bit bad from me. Couldn't get to grips with the track even though I have so much practice mileage around it with other mods and games due to it being one of my favourites. I was trying all sorts of different wing setups but it was one of the first combinations I tried that gave me the best balance. The car was sliding a lot on those softs and I pretty much resigned myself to the fact I wasn't going to be challenging for the win on outright pace.

Quali 1: Big surprise when I managed to do a 1:07.2 when my previous best was over a second slower. Took pole, just.

Race 1: Made a good start and just about held the lead out of turn 1. Turns 2-4 went fine and then I got a little but deep in T5. The car slid a bit at the rear and as I applied a little bit of throttle to straighten the car up and get some grip, the left rear tyre touched the grass and around I went. I was left facing the inside wall and thankfully everyone was able to go around the outside of me without incident. I reversed it after the pack went by and got going again, 6 seconds off 11th. I put on one of those Mansell charges and made up a few places early on due to a few spins. I soon caught up to the back of Kryzsztof and spent a lap or so behind him before overtaking into turn 7 on lap 4. Then I had Garry in my sights. I closed up and had a few looks but he defended his position nicely. He seemed to have more straight line speed than me so trying to get past was difficult. I got a good run out of the final corner and was able to slingshot myself past into turn 1 on lap 6. Now up to 6th, I set about catching Chas who was a little way up the road. Somehow I caught him quite quickly and he was lacking some speed on the straights which allowed me to get past into tun 1 on lap 7. It took me several laps to catch up to Martin's gearbox and when I got there, there was no way through. I did get a good run on him out of turn 5 on lap 10 but he held his position around the outside. The following lap, I got another good run in the same place and made that one stick. I set a couple of fastest laps trying to catch Georgios and when I got there, he had some snap oversteer on the exit of turn 5 and spun off. Now up to P3, Andreas and Wayne were too far ahead to I settled for what I had. Very fun race that one :)

Quali 2: Done a 1:06.8 which I was very happy with and took my second pole :D

Race 2: Made a good start and held the lead into turn 1. Wayne chased after me and started putting some pressure on me around lap 3 by setting a few fastest laps to close up. He then made a slight mistake in the final corner which just gave me a little bit of a gap. I started going quicker and was even bettering the laps I did in race 1, but still Wayne was on my tail. Mark set the fastest lap about halfway of a 1:10.012 and with my laptimes close to that already, I set about trying to beat it as that was the only way I was going to get away from Wayne. In the end I fell short by about a tenth but managed to get a 5 second gap back to Wayne, most of which was achieved in the final couple of laps, and took the win. :)

If anybody wanted my setup and didn't get it on the server; here it is:View attachment 1992 Setup RACE.svm

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced :)

I couldn't get into a good rythem tonight.
Q1-P9
R1-Bumped Mark as they bunched up in front of us off the line and damaged my steering,car didn't wanna turn right too well. Did my best and finished in P5.
Q2-P10 even though i was quicker in this session :-s
R2-Made a decent start,went round the outside of Mark going into turn 1. Arriving at turn 8 in P8,Erick slammed into the side of Mr Hall,who spins,the 3 cars in front of me slow behind Erick,and i sneak up in the inside and go through into P3 :)
The next 2 laps,Martin and Steve were catching me down the straights,i'm carrying too much wing!
On lap 3 i took too much kerb in the 2nd last corner,flicked me off to the left and i hit the wall and removed a wheel. Race over.
A 5th and a possible 3rd tonight although i reckon Martin and Steve may have caught and passed me and left me P5 again ;-)
Good racing though guys :) Lovin' it ;-)

The guys who havent got a ranking yet, I think there is a thread somewhere to post in and you should be put on the ranking system, although I cant seem to find it, maybe Adam or Lee can help.

... Then I had Garry in my sights. I closed up and had a few looks but he defended his position nicely. He seemed to have more straight line speed than me so trying to get past was difficult. I got a good run out of the final corner and was able to slingshot myself past into turn 1 on lap 6...

"Defended", hell - I was running scared and knew if I changed my line an inch I'd spin. And btw, that "slingshot" was me diving right on the main straight to get out of the way! :)

Good race, Adam, and thanks for the admin work!

Garry

"Defended", hell - I was running scared and knew if I changed my line an inch I'd spin. And btw, that "slingshot" was me diving right on the main straight to get out of the way! :)

Good race, Adam, and thanks for the admin work!

Garry

You had the speed off the corners and down the straights to keep me at bay for a while. I certainly had to come up with a plan to get past so I class that as good defending :)

i thought thats what racings all about,to find out how good you are

but maybe i'm wrong

sorry for Wanting to push myself.

Come on Wayne :fwd2: it is about that,but it's also about so much more! The competition,the challenge,the rush :sigarette: and a whole lot more!
Just try and enjoy each race as it happens. Do your best,and that's the best you can do.
If i get beaten? Then i must have been beaten by someone better :pray: Or maybe just,luck was on anothers side :clover:
It would be a different matter if i was in a championship though :poke: :D

Come on Wayne :fwd2: it is about that,but it's also about so much more! The competition,the challenge,the rush :sigarette: and a whole lot more!
Just try and enjoy each race as it happens. Do your best,and that's the best you can do.
If i get beaten? Then i must have been beaten by someone better :pray: Or maybe just,luck was on anothers side :clover:
It would be a different matter if i was in a championship though :poke: :D

Well said Chas. Is this Deja Vu?

I love this MOD also. The tracks have been fantastic also. Not that big a fan of Monza with chicanes. The old days when it was mostly flat out was the nuts. Even better when they had the oval attached. That track is on RFC by the way but the version in GPL IMO is better. Now that is one of my all time favorite tracks. The original Spa was the nuts too mostly flat out through the villages another one of my all time fav's. Yeah I used to run a lot of GPL with the old setup. Not since getting the new. Have a new G27 that is suppose to arrive tomorrow. CPU, GPU, Monitors and now wheel and pedals will all be new. Can't wait.

R1 - FINALLY put a solid lap in qual #4 at the start. Bu Led in my pants at the start. It didn't seem to me like I was slow but obviously I was. Everyone went by on the inside I got stuck outside and dropped way back. Second lap I was done forget exactly what happened.

R2 - In R1 I had planned on going with quals and doing a stop for fuel and tires but when I went to the garage it wouldn't allow the fuel. I thought o crap now I'm in trouble and had to take on the fuel and tires last minute. That was the 'led' I referred to earlier. Then Scott asked the question about tires. Why didn't I think of that? So I went back to the quals. Again I was slower in qual 2 I don't know what it is but it's driving me nuts. I was having trouble just getting past .10 when I was .084 in Q1. This time I was much better off the line. K Boz put up a good fight but I got by him coming out of the bottom of the hill. Something happened to P6 I think they made a slight error and I got by then I was closing on P4. I planned to pit lap 8 because I knew from experience that the quals are like ice skates after that and it happens all at once. It was said during warmup that someone got a whole race out of them and that stuck in the back of my head. I kept pushing beyond lap 8. Nine I could feel them going then 10 woosh they were gone and I was on ice. Made it back to the pits but I overheated the engine and that's all she wrote. All in all I was much happier at least I got a good qual in R1 and a good battle in R2.

I've been working on line, braking and exit. I take my HOT LAP and compare it to either one of the Aliens hotlaps or I set the AI up to 125 percent and compare it to that. There's always at least 3-4 spots I can focus on for improvement.

The thing I like about this league is we have fun and the field is fairly large and competitive. Racing with guys that are lapping you to me is okay but doesn't come close to the heat of battle with a drivers close to your pace. For me that is the real fun of on line racing and what I enjoy the most with this club. IMO it is one of the ways to improve. I wouldn't know about lapping anyone so I don't know if it's fun IWG not. If you look at the fast guys the probability is they've invested much to get to where they are. I'm not one of them so I really don't know what it takes to be fast but doing what I mentioned earlier; Working on line, braking, exit and studying hot laps I'm beginning to see a little improvement. Hopefully it will continue. Hopefully the new wheel and pedals will help also. I bought the wheel mostly for the pedals. The black MOMO pedals lack 'feel' when it comes to engagement. Hopefully the new ones will enhance it. Anyone use the Motec data metrics tool to look at their laps?

I had every intention of making this a short post. Guess I babble at the fingers ha the paper has always been the best listener!

Might not make it the next 2 weeks, have to see how it goes. Not like I don't want to just have other priorities pressing. ENJOY!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back