rF2 F1 1992 @ Adeleide - Sun February 13th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I was never hit by anyone - some minor taps, but nothing damaging. So that's a testimony to the driving talents of you all! If I caused any crashes I wasn't aware of it, but my apologies regardless.

Tried a few more laps on soft tires (was using hard in the race), and did get my lap times down by 4 sec, which is encouraging.

Thanks to all,
Garry

Action packed racing tonight :cool:

Q1 i was 13th. Hoped to have done better that that but,track was busy!
R1- Lost 1 or 2 places coming off the line,big accident at turn 6 and picked up a few places there.
Had slight contact with O'malley and damged my front end. Ran with it though.
Big accident at turn 14 and picked a few there too and caught Ben on the inside as he turned in to the pits,pushing me in with him too :frown: I had to run through pits and rejoin.
I was running P3 for a while untill Ben caught up on me and passed me on Brabham straight.
Dahlgren passed me on the outside of turn 4,then in turn 9 i spun and dropped to 5th.
Good fun though :)

Q2 My time was better,it was real close for 12th place on the grid between us 'mid packers' :wink:
R2- Myself and Bulgin,Davis and O'malley were running close chasing down Crudup. A good Close battle. Bulgin ran wide turn 10,i passed him and caught up with Davis after he and Crudup had contact. I was held up by Stoner turns 13 and 14(contact)which allowed Bulgin passed.
A few more places lost as i lost breaks and kept running wide!
Finished P8 i think.

I enjoyed this track tonight :cool: Nice one Lee :banana:

Not to jump the gun here, but can the next track be announced as soon as possible so we have more practice time? France maybe?

Thanks to Lee and RD for a great racing series.

2nd race suffered suspension damage due to two factors, a lap car not wanting to move out of the way and 2nd being ran into by the same driver who always runs into me if he so happens to be behind me(you know who you are). Its getting pretty irritating tbh. I personally don't have an issue if someone is faster than me, I just let them by. Its a total other thing when a driver seems to have the same issue race after race about braking and running into other cars as if they are not there! I put in a lot of laps prior to this race and had a pretty good setup to compiete nevertheless 2 dnf's, one well deserved I can admit, the other by someone else's carelessness, thanks!

P.S.
My car is not your brake!!!

Hello William,
I will apologize again as I did after the race. As I mentioned I was trying to reset my FFB driver, as I just started using this new plugin and could not find the reset key, as well as after watching the replay went in way too deep with the extra speed picked up in your draft.

Anyway if I could take it back I would, I will be more careful in the future when following you in future races. You can ask any of the guys that I race against that this is not my style.

Action packed racing tonight :cool:

Q1 i was 13th. Hoped to have done better that that but,track was busy!
R1- Lost 1 or 2 places coming off the line,big accident at turn 6 and picked up a few places there.
Had slight contact with O'malley and damged my front end. Ran with it though.
Big accident at turn 14 and picked a few there too and caught Ben on the inside as he turned in to the pits,pushing me in with him too :frown: I had to run through pits and rejoin.
I was running P3 for a while untill Ben caught up on me and passed me on Brabham straight.
Dahlgren passed me on the outside of turn 4,then in turn 9 i spun and dropped to 5th.
Good fun though :)

Q2 My time was better,it was real close for 12th place on the grid between us 'mid packers' :wink:
R2- Myself and Bulgin,Davis and O'malley were running close chasing down Crudup. A good Close battle. Bulgin ran wide turn 10,i passed him and caught up with Davis after he and Crudup had contact. I was held up by Stoner turns 13 and 14(contact)which allowed Bulgin passed.
A few more places lost as i lost breaks and kept running wide!
Finished P8 i think.

I enjoyed this track tonight :cool: Nice one Lee :banana:

You finished in 7th after using the driver in first place as an object to pass me. Damn you, I won't go easy on you at the sunday in two weeks time (got RDTCC on next sunday).

Np with erics driving in imola, past him on the last lap last sector at imola for the win... If there was going to be any dodgy or inapropriate driving manners i would have surely witnesed them then!!! But he was clean as a whistle with no contact.
I would happily place my car along side in a 50/50 with eric.
Ben

Good racing everyone. Haven't been racing much the last year because of work and I'm a bit rusty. Had a good time. I will also say that I have raced with Erick for years and he is a gentleman racer. See you all next week.

Well, i believe it's a 'no contact' sport but,when you're running up front you tend to get accidents at times. It's inevitible really. When you're on the limit but you need to find more? Brake a bit later,get on the gas earlier. Doesn't always work out as we planned. People make mistakes. We're only human after all.
In the real world? Let's mention Vettels coming together with Webber at Turkey last year. Vettels coming together with Button at Spa? They race for big prizes and big money. We do it for fun don't we? We should remember that.

Lee and Adam sorry I missed the race. Got tied up on maintenance Sunday at work. IT stuff ... We can only do it one day a month and it's always Sunday morning. Some problems prevented me from leaving at the usual time. Looking forward to next weeks race.

No worries Erick,
I'm not into naming names. but seeing as I posted what I think and I really don't mean it to become an issue or topic here, I know accidents happen. I personally am not the best driver by any stretch and have ran into people too, but I'd rather run off than just run into the back of another driver. Its not a big deal anyways, just food for thought.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back