rF2 F1 1992 @ Adeleide - Sun February 13th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
:D
I didn't even made 4 racing laps in the two races, but I'm not complaining. Incidents happen and that's it :p
I wish we had a longer Qualification session, because 10 minutes seems to run out very quickly, especially when there are 22 cars out on the field, with everyone trying to steal a nice clean road ahead of him to set his time. I was on the verge of breaking under 1:15.-, but never got to it.
Next track would be nice to be some with a bit more distance to the first corner and wider, spread out grid. Got bumped twice tonite, due to my "perfect start", so I'm not blaming anyone. But I get the feeling everyone is trying to "win the race" at the first corner and that led to few parts being lost from my car.
Good fun thou ! Can easly say I'm winning some friends around here ;)

I knew I'd be off the pace, but I drove the race trying to follow the posted rules:

"9. Do not alter your line or braking for a faster car behind you. Unpredictable moves have a way of ending the race for both of you. Let the faster car dictate when and where to initiate a pass, and only then you are free to assist by easing off the throttle.
"

But I was told during at the race that blue basically means "pull over and let the faster car pass". I can't see this accomplishing anything but utter chaos, so I'd appreciate some clarification on this point.

Thanks much,
Garry
That rule is in case you and the car behind you are in the same lap, fighting for position. When you're being lapped and blue flag is waved at you - follow my rule - "Duck and dive" :D

P.S. : Sorry for double-posting :(

First race I lost my ride on my own accord. 2nd race suffered suspension damage due to two factors, a lap car not wanting to move out of the way and 2nd being ran into by the same driver who always runs into me if he so happens to be behind me(you know who you are). Its getting pretty irritating tbh. I personally don't have an issue if someone is faster than me, I just let them by. Its a total other thing when a driver seems to have the same issue race after race about braking and running into other cars as if they are not there! I put in a lot of laps prior to this race and had a pretty good setup to compiete nevertheless 2 dnf's, one well deserved I can admit, the other by someone else's carelessness, thanks!

P.S.
My car is not your brake!!!

I knew this walled track would be vicious.

I quallied about where I thot I would and was hoping to pick my way thru the carnage to get to clear track.
R1 saw me complete 1 lap and then get in a tangle at the T1 chicane, putting me out.

R2 was pretty much the same and made it all the way to T3 on L2 before rounding the corner and finding a Bennetton sideways in front of me. Dang...so I took my tricycle back to the pits and proceeded to lose it in T1 exiting the pits.

I think we need to rethink street circuits like these.:cool:

Hockenheim anyone?

That rule is in case you and the car behind you are in the same lap, fighting for position. When you're being lapped and blue flag is waved at you - follow my rule - "Duck and dive" :D

P.S. : Sorry for double-posting :(

Nono, that rule is for the blue flag situations, to avoid accidents!

Edit: When you're being lapped, you should watch carefully, and only if the driver behind you clearly attempts a passing maneuver you should let him overtake you by slightly lifting off the throttle or pulling out to the outer line in the corner. (except if the other car passes you there of course:)) But, do not alter your line and brake if somebody comes to lap you.

On the other side, if you approach a car 1 lap behind you, you should still respect him and not force him off the track! You can pass him as you're a lot faster, if you have to wait for 2-3 corners to do that, then wait!

Yes, the normal rule is to wait for a safe place to pass, but, you were 5 seconds per lap slower than some of us, you brake in corners were we dont brake, so for us it's hard to anticipate where you are going and what you are going to do. To avoid accidents you can better let someone pass easily. ;)

Yes, the normal rule is to wait for a safe place to pass, but, you were 5 seconds per lap slower than some of us, you brake in corners were we dont brake, so for us it's hard to anticipate where you are going and what you are going to do. To avoid accidents you can better let someone pass easily. ;)

But not by suddenly altering your line while the other guy behind already changes line to pass you, and that certainly leads to an accident! If you're 5 seconds faster /lap and you know that the guy brakes a lot earlier you can expect that and take another line into the corner and pass him easily by outbraking him.

I knew I'd be off the pace, but I drove the race trying to follow the posted rules:

"9. Do not alter your line or braking for a faster car behind you. Unpredictable moves have a way of ending the race for both of you. Let the faster car dictate when and where to initiate a pass, and only then you are free to assist by easing off the throttle.
"
Garry

Its probably best to stay online in a corner but move over after the corner and let the guy pass. If you lift off while still on the racing line he will probably drive into you.

It was my first F1 race two. Probably not the best mod and track to do your first race. Try the meganes tomorrow, the pace is a lot slower and the cars a lot more evenly matched.

So I should pull over for some cars, and maintain line for others? How can I (or the other driver!) know which is which???

Just stay on your line, it's always the responsibility of the car behind to pass you safe! They should know what to do! I reached you sometimes during this event and I could slow down and pass you safe, if I can do that, anybody else can do that!

All I can say is this, disaster. Nothing went right for me today, but that's the way it goes sometimes. There's always another race.

Don't forget to look for the Rothmans-RD server once the next track is announced.

I managed to get a 6th in race 1 thanks to avoiding all the carnage in front of me. Was going ok in race 2 but I locked up and bumped Mr Bulgin- sorry Martin - so waited for him to take back position, finished up 12th and had an enjoyable evening.

Its obviously important to stick to the server rules, and its probably not any of my business but it appears as soon as some drivers finish their qualy or race, they forget / don't care, that others are still out there and ignore the no chatting rule.

The next race will be announced in the rFactor Racing Club section of this forum. Just keep checking back. I'll have my server up and running as soon as it's announced. They don't post results for these races, or at least I haven't ever seen them.

PS-I didn't have a problem passing you today Garry. Best thing anyone can do when getting lapped is hold your line. Let the faster car go around you

I thought you did alright gary;)

Well pfff where to start, did nearly no practise for this one, so no suprise i did not get pole!! P2 on the grid was fine tho;).
Race 1 start, got away ok martin got away better so i yeilded turn 1 and was slightly off my normal line then my car hit the turn 2 kirb and spat me into the wall!!!! So no wings and limped back to pits!! Was right near the back when i came out of pits... So put in some solid consistant laps, a few drivers went off and i found myself p2 with 5 mins to go! Pushed like crazy and managed to force ben into a mistake and passed for the win!

Q2 2nd again, this time miles away from the p/b of 1:09.9xx i set earlier! P2 on the grid again!

Race 2: this time my start was much better and got past martin into turn 1, then i saw him going back thru the feild... Dont know what happened there? Anyways i was out infront controlling the race with ferry about 2 secs behind and we were running similar lap times so i knew he would have trouble passing me as my top speed was faster, however i lost the car on the kirb in the fast right corner entering the back straight!!! Lost wings and susp damage! Pitted for repairs and came out mid pack! Fought through the field and on the back of magnus! He was at 1 point 15 secs infront... So i pushed and was catching him just over a sec a lap, wasnt quite enough so race result p3.

Good racing from everyone no complaints, even gary did a good job imo.

The next race will be announced in the rFactor Racing Club section of this forum. Just keep checking back. I'll have my server up and running as soon as it's announced. They don't post results for these races, or at least I haven't ever seen them.

There are results, however you must have done 4 races(if I remember correct) to get a ranking, and then you can see the results by checking your ranking. Also I think that if you check some other drivers ranking that raced during your race you can look at the results as well.

Garry, my advice about blue flags is to think on your feet as this is always a grey area. If you can see a car coming up behind you around corners, then be prepared to run a little wide at the corner or if it is safe to do so, move off the line after a corner if the following car is following your line and still a little way back. Down the straights, keep it on your line and allow the car behind to make the move. If they move out/take a different line to you it shows that they intend to pass, and you should allow them the room to make the pass. If your side-by-side, allow the other car to finish off the move, there is no point in cutting across them into a corner for example. Learning what to do will only come with experience and these cars have a habit of spreading the field in terms of lap times so it does happen a lot. If you join the server early, you can get to learn where is the best places to allow cars past and the best way to deal with these situations during the practice when all the cars are out on track. The more racing you do, the more people will learn about what you are likely to do and vice-versa.

Anyway I had a poor night really. Couldn't get to grips with anything.

Q1: Got 6th with a PB, somehow.

R1: Great start and had to avoid the car that failed to move in front. I was running fourth until I had to avoid Sami's spin so Lee overtook but I stayed fourth as I got past Sami. Span on the next lap and dropped right back and I just had to pick people off one-by-one after. Had one moment towards the end of the lap when I had a few cars behind me where I went wide after a jolt (don't know what happened as my replay misses it). Caught up to Magnus after he span but couldn't get past him, then got stuck in the traffic, so settled for 4th.

Q2: Not as good as Q1, therefore only 9th on the grid.

R1: Made a good start and braked early into turn 1 due to the traffic jam. Received a tap of the backside on the brakes which turned out to damage my suspension slightly and made the car feel a bit weird. Ploughed on and eventually found myself in 3rd. Ben got past and Sami tried some interesting moves into the hairpin at the bottom of Brabham straight. Survived that but got a screenfreeze around one of the corners later on and went into the wall. Pitted but engine died as I left the stall.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced.

I'm going to add another 2p.

I think it is poor form to wreck and then throw it into reverse and block the trak taking out ppl behind you.. Esp when you have already lost a wheel and a nose.

Oh yeh, Garry, hang in there it's a learning experience.

You will find however that the hotlappers don't always RACE that well.:cool:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back