rF2 F1 1992 @ Adeleide - Sun February 13th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I noticed that when I pitted Steve, better map start and ignition buttons.

I tried that Martin. If im in the garage i can cut the engine then restart using ignition and starter. However it doesnt seem to work when pitting during testing.
I also tried autopit on, but same thing happens, pitstop ends car stalls cant get it going again.
I must be missing something obvious.

Today I just can't reach my best of 1:13.4. But I hope for a good quali and of course the most important thing is to stay on the track and away from the walls:) Tested the graphic settings and start already. Will run on normal settings. (but with mirrors on of course) Can't wait!:)

I think its only in practice that the pits mess up, They take the fuel out of your car as fuel was dissalowed this year. But in race It will repair cars as in Brazil race I lost a wheel but the fixed it.

Click on join for a list of servers. Look for server called racedept.com
You will need a password which you will find on the first page of this thread.

Try at about 7. If you can't get in post back here

First race was a complete disaster. Lost my front tyre two times due to an accident in front of me. Then I was watching the race and R factor crashed again. Well congrats to the winners and I hope tommorow things go better.

I did not know the track nor car, so I was very much offpace

Q1 I think I had 10th position, but my clean driving I got 2nd in the end.

Then for Q2 I changed some setup stuff and the car felt much better, in the quali I made some mistakes, but in the warm up I was on pace with the fastest guys, so I was looking forward to the race.

I had some trouble in turn 1, went trough the middle to avoid damage, then 2 corners later I got hit by William Crudup or Martin Grosbee, or both... anyway, back into the wall and engine was killed

Too bad, anyway funny mod, I hope next week there is a track I know a bit better :)

I on the other hand had a pleasant evening! :) Got 3rd on R1 despite busting the front suspension and going in to the pits for repair(8.6 seconds!!). And on R2 I managed to come home in 2nd, with Ben Phillips closing in more and more on every lap, t'was very very scary! :D

Also I'd like the server-replay of both races if possible, seems yet again I forget to record ._.

First race got good qualifying lap but still second behind martin who was on fire today
then race started ben went to wall after first chicane it was very scary then i made 2 late braking mistakes and dropped few positions then started to get on to podium again but spun before long straight and hitted wall after pits managed to fight my way into top 7 i think so not too good
race 2 had much worse qualifying but race start was bit better could take ferry into first corner untill martin went to same wall as ben did in race 1 so had to let ferry go and then later Magnus (sorry if i spelled wrong ) was setting faster laps and could overtake me then bit later i spun and adam got me too so i was pushing alot and ofcourse walls got me again but this time i could take qualifying tires and made some easy overtakes and got pretty decent finish with fastest lap of the race

This was my first online race ever, and a very interesting experience. I didn't think I did too bad, but based on in-game chat, I'm completely out of my league - and confused about flags.

I knew I'd be off the pace, but I drove the race trying to follow the posted rules:

"9. Do not alter your line or braking for a faster car behind you. Unpredictable moves have a way of ending the race for both of you. Let the faster car dictate when and where to initiate a pass, and only then you are free to assist by easing off the throttle.
"

But I was told during at the race that blue basically means "pull over and let the faster car pass". I can't see this accomplishing anything but utter chaos, so I'd appreciate some clarification on this point.

Thanks much,
Garry

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back