rF2 F1 1971 @ Monza 79 - Saturday July 24th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Well here's how it worked for me...

Heat 1: Started good made no mistakes with anyone however into the 15 min mark I was going slower and slower for every lap, my brakepedal had jammed at circa 30% so everytime I lifted off for a corner the car became very twitchy eventually putting me in the barrier.

Heat 2: Made a nice quali putting me on pole, got a great start and was able to keep the lead for 1 lap and at the second lap I spun at the second chicane of the first two. Thinking I must move off the racing line as it was so near the corner I quickly moved out of way but I made the simple mistake of not just staying still as Toby Davis slammed into me. I thought there was enough space at the racingline to pass and I was very nervous as I was in the lead and was feeling that I must hurry myself:(. Looking at the replay I see that the only way to pass me was offline, and Im really sorry to have caused such misfortune to Davis. Got back in the race but couldnt drive properly as my car was all skewed.

With this mod I found that keeping the throttle steady through a corner the engine sort of 'blipped' itself causing me to spin mid corner alot. Ive never experienced this in any other mod, it might have to with the mod or my pedals but when Im in mid corner with the throttle at say 40% the engine just suddenly goes up to 60-70% making it impossible to countersteer, anyone has any idea of what is causing this?

Great Mod ,not easy to control is an understatement after running 10 laps had only one timed lap,
Q on p10 an had a good start but hit a wall in lap one lost a wheel race over.
I think only 8 out of 16 cars on the finish.

Race 2 Q not good run off p 16,again a good start in to the top 10 did about 5 laps an than the same thing lost the car into a wall,race over.

A good setup is very important to control the car an a lot of practice.

Very good looking cars an the sounds are thrilling ,

Thanks Ryan for setting it up an to the guys on the track.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%