rF2 F1 1971 @ Österreichring 70 - Sat July 31st 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
after the fast report of race 1 (watch post #26) now is time for the report of race 2!!!

Qualy. was angry enough for the DNF in race 1 and so i pushed and kept the concentration at 100% for 2/3 of the lap!!! Kevin did an 1.38.3 and at that moment he was 1st with that time.... only me and Ross were left. After s1 i saw on the XD motec -0.3 s, after sector 2 -0.6 s, so in the last corner i just lift a bit more the gas for be sure to finish a nice lap and on the finish line i had -0.4 s.....btw was lucky because i didn't know that Ross was so fast after race 1 and so i was first only for 0.011s!!!

Race. Started well and after the first 3 laps i had like ~5 second of gap on Ross, Kevin and Robert because they were fighting each others!!! After lap 3 Ross was 2nd pretty alone and he started a TIME fights with me... was really a nice fights because we stay always ~ at the same gap.... maybe Ross sometimes was a bit more fast and so he was gaining on me some tenth, but in lap 9 when i did the best lap, Ross did an error and destroied his car.... so i had like 20 second of gap on Kevin.... but this lack of pressure sometimes is worst than having one fast guy behind and so i did one error in lap 10 and my gap was halved, and in the last lap, like usuall :p, i did a really bad error that was near to cost me the win..... was really some crazy seconds of panic in the last corners with Kevin at only 1 second behind me, but was lucky enough and i took the car at home with a nice Perfect Race2 (Pole, Best Lap, and Win.....AutoSim Analyzer call it "Grand Slam")!!!!

Again thank you all for the night and for the race!!! cu next week

and congratz to all the guys for tonight, these cars are really fun!!! ;)

Just a thought- how about trying an enduro/grand prix length race with this mod?

Also, can anyone send me the replay file from qualie 2, i accidentally deleted my one!?

i haven't it, but i think that the server save one copy, so maybe Ryan can take it and upload it for you somewhere!!! ;)

about a more long race it will be really nice, but we need more drivers and i think that we need also more experience with this mod..... for me for example was the first race and so i really haven't atm the feeling that is necessary for doing a long race with these cars, and i think that i'm not alone :D, but for sure for the future it could be really a nice idea, at least for me :D!! ;)

AHA! i found out what the lag was last night, my new samsung le26...whatever the rest of the code is. was in a mode that makes it reset to standard(shop mode) after 10 minutes which lagged my pc to hell when it changed, however its fixed now! :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%