1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 12 Won't start

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Martin Larsen, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Hi, the game has always run fine, but today I cant start the game. It comes the normal small f1 2012 logo, but than when it goes to fulscreen it just comes blackscreen and nothing else happends
  2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Verify your game install. This will automatically replace any missing or corrupted files.

Right Click on F1 2012 in Stream > Properties > Local Files Tab > 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache'

Then try again ....... :)
  3. Ok, thanks gonna try that! But what about mods I will still have them?
  4. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

No you won't. It puts you back to a standard, fully patched install.

Now you asked that question, you should really remove mods if you have a problem, Test the game with no mods, then add them back in, testing as you go.

At the moment you don't know if it is a game problem or a mod problem
  5. I know that could be the problem. But I didnt think that for me... because every mod I have is only Safety Car(with all tracks, the newest) new cars and the new hard tyre color.
  6. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Of course I am not blaming the mods, just suggesting that it is usually better to start from the base game when trying to track down a problem :)
  7. I got it to start, but than I got a bug...When I start the races every one just stood on the grid as normal, but the sound was normal start. And I could only drive in 11km/h and the 1place ghosted and stood 24th position... So... maybe best to just re instal..:p
  8. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Yes, a verification of the files should be enough though ...... :)