1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F Truck won't start

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by James Hemp, Aug 18, 2013.

1. James Hemp

James Hemp
    Green Devils Racing

So, while we received an email with download links for the new game I was still expecting my brand new laptop and didin't install it on the old one. Unfortunately, having installed it on the new one I simply cannot start the game. And can't even choose which graphics card to use, I can only select the dedicated one which of course is useless in this situation.

Other games run smooth, the drivers are all installed but I can't play F Truck. Any suggestions on what might be wrong?

2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios Premium Member

Do you have some kind of graphics overlay tool running? Such as fraps?

3. James Hemp

James Hemp
    Green Devils Racing

Nope, it's brand new. I installed just the necessary drivers so I can play games.

4. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

maybe you could give details of your lap top and graphics cards used (you have more that one ?)
    what other games do you have working.
    We can try and help but as you know it helps to have allot more infomation:)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  5. James Hemp

James Hemp
    Green Devils Racing

I have an nvidia gtx 660m and an integrated intel 4000 hd graphic card.

F1 2012 is running smooth on full details and that's preety much it. I didin't have the time to install other games + these are the two I'm more interested at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Have you tried the settings in the Nvidia control panel?

On the left side under 3D settings select manage 3D settings
    On the right side select global settings
    Under preferred graphics processor select the Nvidia processor
    When you've finished playing FTruck change it back to Auto-Select

7. James Hemp

James Hemp
    Green Devils Racing

@nickovey : not at home right now but the day after tomorrow I'll try and see.

@ANDREW: I think I tried that. It just got in to my mind that maybe I should have tried to disable the intel driver also (if it's possible).

8. James Hemp

James Hemp
    Green Devils Racing

Still not working guys. Tried what you both suggested but nope.

The files I tried with were Ftruck config.exe and Ftruck.exe.

9. James Hemp

James Hemp
    Green Devils Racing

This fits perfectly...

Attached Files:

10. James Hemp

James Hemp
    Green Devils Racing

Not even the Nvidia geforce experience app won't recognize FTruck. Every other game is in the list of games.

11. James Hemp

James Hemp
    Green Devils Racing

Agree with that but when you can't afford top notch desktops you have to settle with something that can preety much do what you want but cheaper.

12. pil

pil

I had the same problem.You have to run the game using the integrated intel graphics once then you can run using the nvidia graphics card.