1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

F-duct supported

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Bram, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Will the virtual F1 cars have a F-Duct system in the game?

2. The effect of the F-Duct is "supported" i.e. the McLaren will be quick in a straight line. However you won't need to move your knee or press a button - I think they've just reduced the drag. The variable front wing is supported though.

3. I hope they have an option for it, so it can be automatic or controlled manually, kinda like transmission.

4. Yea maybe but then there are only so many buttons on a controller.

EDIT: Looking at it there are a few left spare becasue you dont need H-Brake and TC (as I presume it will be set at start of game/season according to difficulty level);

[​IMG]
    ......................................../Brake

5. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

there is no traction control. I guess you set the aids outside the game session.

As for controls my prefered layout is this :D

g25_a.jpg

6. Bram

Bram

You don't like to shift?

7. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson

hehe yeah sometime :) not with the shifter in an F1 car though.

8. I'm not sure about F-duct, because the game will be avaliable in next month, that means the season of F1 won't be finnished and not every team have F-duct, but maybe in the end of the season they could already have, so the game wouldn't include those teams?

9. patches patches patches, I hope! :D

10. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

They might do what they did with KERS on F1 2009, and put the F-duct on all cars?

11. F-duct works quite differently on different cars so I think it wouldn't be a good idea to add it to all. Patches can do it imo if somebody will have it later.
    BTW stay ready, if they'll have it, you should set it on a button in specific cars that you can only reach while driving one hand to simulate it properly! lol

12. Bram

Bram

Haha, maybe you can buy a hardware addon with just a hole where you can put your hand or knee against :)

13. There is no need for that, there is a F-Duct supporting Controller for PS3 :D
    [​IMG]

14. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson

Used to have one of those, tidy for those long all day Fifa lounge sessions. Much better than everyone sharing their sweat.

15. Bram

Bram

Bumping this old thread. Still miss the f-duct feature :)

16. I believe this is very complicated for modders :(

17. Bram

Bram

It was not a modders request :) But more a concern why this vital part of the real F1 2010 season was not implemented in the game.

18. Well, considering that it's not meant to be any effort on the driver and can gain you upwards of 3 mph in a straight I would say it could be simulated without any interaction... you can also adjust the front wing and that makes a big difference. If the game had both it would be like a turbo... and could feel odd...