• So long as all your wheels are pointing in roughly the same direction, you should be fine.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Eyefinity, do I have it right?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Stuart Rinck, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Stuart Rinck

Stuart Rinck

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, I have purchased everything I think/hope I need for running a capable Eyefinity setup. Please take a quick peek and tell me if I am missing anything, or if you have any advice at all. Thank you so much.
    Three of these monitors: Acer G235HAbd 23'' 5ms 1920x1080. I think I should have gotten the LED backlight ones instead.
    Two SAPPHIRE 6970's
    this adapter cable: SAPPHIRE Active Mini Display Port to Single-Link DVI

I have a 750 watt psu, so that should cover.

2. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy

Ratings:
    +314
    Hi Stuart

Looks good to me, I run a 6970 in eyefinity and you wont be disappointed :) Not sure a 750w PSU is enough for two 6970's tho...pushing it a bit

3. Stephan Czekay

Stephan Czekay

Ratings:
    +0
    What distance do have from seat to display. I think, size of displays is to small.

Do want to play in 3D in future?

4. Stuart Rinck

Stuart Rinck

Ratings:
    +1
    23" displays are too small? First I've heard that. I have an Obutto cockpit, so monitors are quite close, and adjustable.

5. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy

Ratings:
    +314
    My rig is in the workshop and very tight for space, so I run 3x 17" 4:3 monitors on a GTOmega rig, and they are not too small :) So 23" widescreens will be plenty