1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

extreme warp and teleporting

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by juleslacrapule, Nov 6, 2015.

1. juleslacrapule

juleslacrapule

Ratings:
    +1
    hi
    i havent played assetto corsa for a few months, i played it today and ive had a problem in multiplayer, the other players keep warping forward, they are waaay faster than me, warping maybe 50 meters forward every 5 seconds or so, and all of them seem to be drifting in the corners, its kinda weird, never had this problem before. heres a video

i have a good connection ~200mbps with 10ms ping on average in ac and q : 99, my hardware is also sufficient running at 50fps and no packet loss
    http://www.pingtest.net/result/133937173.png
    http://i.imgur.com/gy1EGHY.jpg

id like to point out that a few months ago i didnt have any issues with multiplayer in AC, also i can play other games without any problem, its just assetto corsa that works bad

am i the only one with this issue, ive searched the forum and didnt find any solution :(

thanks for your help

2. Radu Oros

Radu Oros

Ratings:
    +383
  3. juleslacrapule

juleslacrapule

Ratings:
    +1
    hi
    i forgot to mention, it happens on every server i have tried maybe 10-20 of them, regardless of location

i tried the ac server, and it works fine! good news! do you know why this one worjs and not the others?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  4. Radu Oros

Radu Oros

Ratings:
    +383
    They are working on some fixes, read Kevin's posts from page 1 and 2.

5. juleslacrapule

juleslacrapule

Ratings:
    +1
    after further testing the problem comes from my wheel, miicrosoft sidewinder ffb wheel, with leyboard it works fine, what i dont u,nderstand is that it used to work ok before...

6. juleslacrapule

juleslacrapule

Ratings:
    +1
    issue was with my wheel i set FF_SKIP_STEPS to 4 and it did the trcik, hope that could help someone

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris

Chris
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,775
    Hmm, usually the jumping and warping is caused by packet loss from your ISP, because assetto corsa doesn't handle packet loss very well. However your ping test results show 0% packet loss.

Very strange.
    Honestly not sure what to recommend mate as everything on your end would appear to be fine. :/

8. juleslacrapule

juleslacrapule

Ratings:
    +1
    as i said the problem was coming from my usb wheel, which is really weird, but hey, at least it works now...

9. Slade09

Slade09

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi.

I just want to thank you for this piece of info "set FF_SKIP_STEPS to 4" for MS Sidewinder steering. I had the same problem and was busy changing/upgrading my line in order to sort out the lag. Spent days with this and ALMOST gave up - googled some more, came across this and voila!!! Your the best thing since slice bread. THANX.

• Like Like x 1