1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Extreme tyre wear at Singapore

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Gareth Jones, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Hi All,

I'm at Singapore practice in my career and am experiencing some ridiculous tyre wear, I did about 2 laps on primes and when I got back to the garage, I saw the tyres were already down to 75%. The options are even worse, I did 4 laps on those and they went down to around 20%.

I haven't experienced this on any other track so far, has anyone else had this? At this rate I will have to do at least a five stop race, that's if I have any tyres left!

My setup is not that extreme either, front roll bar is on 3, f/r springs are 10/8 and the f/r camber is around 3-4 clicks from the centre.

2. Yep it's like that but there's no problem to make 6 laps on options and 10-11 laps on primes during 50% race. Double for 100%. Wait until you go to Korea :) In my career I play 50% races and in Korea tyres are totally gone after 4 laps options and 8 laps primes :) Even the engeneer told me to pit cause my tyres were extremely worn :)

3. Andrew Bortz

Andrew Bortz
    GoldenBortz

Ive not had that much trouble im at Singapore now and managed 16 laps on primes so im looking at a 3/4 stop race for 100%.

4. this can be a problem

5. Andrew Bortz

Andrew Bortz
    GoldenBortz

Well I just finished my full race at Singapore and I can say that you can do 16 laps on primes maybe a few more laps but I didn't want to push my luck. Options I couldn't really get to know as mine were already warn.

6. I just finished my race too, the recommended pit stop was a four stop (50% race) so I stuck with that. the options held up better than the primes, I had to pit a lap early on them because the car just wouldn't corner. I ended up pitting five times including for a new nose.

7. Strange cause I usually make only 3 stops at Singapore - start on options and then pri - pri - opt