Extreme Tracks - Should I continue development?

Tyrone - Nukedrop Mods

Tyrone Hesbrook
Premium
Hi everyone,

As an aside to the 'Eboladrome' I have also been working on something very different. I want to gauge opinion before I start to devote more time to it.

There are a lot of mods that have extreme cars, like the Red Bull x2010 and the Ferrari prototype, they are not really suited for the tracks in the game. I have made 2 draft tracks to see how cars would perform on tracks more suited to their abilities.

Please take a look at the video, do you think I should spend the time necessary to aim for a release of these?
Would you be interested in driving them?

Thanks,
Tyrone

• Deleted member 130869

If you can get Eboladrome to 75% of lilski's quality of track, you can do whatever you want :p. But you should focus on getting the details correct on your previous projects before moving on to the next.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's interesting I think. I should say I do like my racing to be grounded in reality, especially featuring full series of existing machinery.

However...

There was a project in the US to run a futuristic race series with rocket-powered gliders. This project of yours of course would be equally futuristic and expensive to get going in reality, but as a "what if" concept I can imagine it, because in a way it would seem possible to happen eventually.

For track design this would mean an equal futuristic approach to TSOs etc. - i.e. make it a polished "image" of what a futuristic race track in 30 years might look like.

If we had a set of three or four cars to go with them this could be real fun to me.

Not to discount your work, but I'm also one that would vote no. I managed to survive my 5+ years of Gran Turismo without ever driving one of the RedBull cars and I plan to keep it that way. :) I don't see many people talking about the extreme cars so I'm not sure how much of an audience you'd have for these tracks, but if you put your talents towards building more "normal" tracks I think you'd have a much larger audience which would provide more reward to your efforts.

I'm also enjoying the Eboladrome, thanks for that and I look forward to trying more of your creations. :thumbsup:

Well... I must somewhat agree with the others. The problem is not that it's fictional, but that it's about cars that are not specificly "fun" to drive, as in, you probably cant drift them.

A somewhat interesting approach would be, that you pick a car - or make one, extremely high speed, locked setup, realism be damned - and start to build tracks specifically for that car with some kind of theme, with great flow, where you need to hit your marks perfectly to carry great speed. Otherwise I don't see why I would drive your track instead of nurburgring or lake louise.

Or maybe even a set of tracks where you never have to release the throttle, and you thread the needle through all kinds of crazy loops and jumps...

On other hand, there's Trackmania for that...

I'm not seriously into this, but I'm very curious! I used to be an hardcore WipEout player, so this is kinda familiar. You could make the tracks a little wider and with less low speed corners. Also less agressive "blind hills". You can make them "blind", but more straight way or subtile corners. Not some heavy braking section.
Looking good and like I said, I'm very curious :D
Keep it Up!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back