1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Extracting Track Information

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by ls908, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Hi All,

I was wondering whether it would be possible to extract certain information about the track layout. I am particularly interested in extracting the world coordinates of the track borders in some sort of text file that I aim to import into MATLAB (let the importing be my worry, just getting it out of BTB is where I need help with).

Would be great if someone could help me out and point me towards the relevant threads or links.

Thanks a lot in advance.

2. From BTB you can export in Direct X format. You can select 'DX Text' to have the output generated in a plain text format. With vigorous use of Google you may be able to figure what what it all means.

3. Thanks a lot R Soul.

Fortunately I found a much easier way to do it using the simulator I am using (Racer). The AI in Racer uses track border information that is stored in spline.ini. In case anyone is interested, I have written a few lines of c++ code (not very well written, but does the job) that extract these points into a space delimited text file for each side of the track which can be imported straight into Matlab.