Extra Features or Improvements

Just as it says, What else would you like to see,
im not talking about new car models or track's (but features missing from these are welcome)

• maybe a set up section to place map and gear indicator around your screen
  • something like XD or motec (would be nice to use moteci2)
  • triple screen setup whilst on track to fine tune your settings
  • steering lock inside the setup section not where it is
  • symmetrical/asymmetric setup of cars but authentic to the real car
  • adjustable mirrors (car feature)
  • the option to put the rear view mirror on a small screen outside of the game screen
  • better corner marker with metre signs (track feature)
  • FPS indicator
these are a few i seen already so add what you think the sim needs :)

i can say that the steering lock is where it is because the amateur mode doesnt have a setup screen so having it in the controller section is the best way to have access to it(from in game (game options/controllers) so you can press escape from the track and have access in a few clicks ... i dont believe it will move from its current location ...

Andi

I never do set-ups, so I like it this way. I have different controlersets for different cars and wheel-lock.
I have allways an app running for FPS and video capture, so I don't need that one either.

-something like XD or motec (would be nice to use moteci2)
-steering lock inside the setup section not where it is
-symmetrical/asymmetric setup of cars but authentic to the real car
-better corner marker with metre signs (track feature)
-tire pressure and fuel adjustments

steering lock inside the setup section not where it is

+1 for this. :thumbsup:
Also,
The ability to view a replay of your best lap in Track Test mode, rather than having to watch the entire session replay.
Maintain a record of your best lap in Track Test mode.

Warren , the steering lock is were it is because the am users dont have a setup choice so if it was there(in the setup section) they would have no way of changing the steering lock ... in its present position it only takes a few seconds more to change it from in game /on track ..;

Andi

Warren , the steering lock is were it is because the am users dont have a setup choice

Yeah Andi, I understand why it is where it is, but it still seems wrong to me. Why not allow amateurs to alter setup's if they wish.
To me, the Steering Lock is a basic and car specific setup option, and almost every other Simracing game I've driven has it that way.

Actually the whole car setup section seems a bit unrealistic to me (for a Sim striving for realism), I wish they had followed the pattern they had with Race 07, it seemed ok to me.
Am I missing something, but is there no way to even adjust the fuel level? I've only been playing around with Track Test mode so far, maybe the other on-line hotlapping modes allow it?

There seems to be a lot to like about the potential of this Sim, but in other ways they seem to be going backwards.:unsure:

+1:
- Adjustable speed/rev/gear indicator
- xd or similar (just buy XD..)
- better corner markers, mainly metersigns. The current ones are too vague.

About steering lock.. It really doesn't matter too much where it is as long as it is easily and quickly done. Let's concentrate on missing stuff first, then organize it later... This game has very reasonable loading times and relatively fast menus, i wouldn't mind if the new features would be bundled up in "experimental" menu so noobs won't be messing up their games and real testers can do the real work...

I would love detailed and realistic damage modeling. No modern racing sim puts an emphasis on damage modeling. Crashes are one of the most exciting aspects of auto racing. Yet they are almost always overlooked in racing sims. Why is this? I remember the days of NASCAR Racing 2, developed by Papyrus, and I would just sit there for hours and purposely cause crashes just to watch them in replay over and over again and see the cars fly apart (I was like 9 or 10 lol). Now I'm not saying I want to do that in RRE but it'd be nice if when a crash did accidentally happen that it'd be worth checking out in replay and maybe even saving. I want my cars in racing sims to break into a million pieces and catch fire and kill my driver and make it where I can never play the game again if it happens. Ok not so much the dying and being locked out of the game for forever part but I do want crashes worth watching...

for me a visual damage model is only as good as the physics attatched and the game rulesthat follow .....
needed ..

aero ;
radiator
suspension
realistic detachable parts splitter /rear wing /bonnet /undertray/defuser
punctures
oil cooler etc

once we get into wings hanging off and doors flapping , then the game should auto black flag for repairs as its all a bit pointless otherwise

Andi

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back