Extra Capacity on Tracks

Dan Marr

Dan Marr - danfilm007 on Steam
Hello all!

So sorry, I have tried to have a look online but couldn't see anything. Is there any mods where I can increase the default number of cars available to be used on the track (instead of 25 like 32 or something)?

The number of cars that are available for a race depends on the track.
It can be edited in the .gdbfile of a track: "Max Vehicles = " , but it also depends on things like garage spots, grid spots and pits in the .aiw file

It can be edited in the .gdbfile of a track: "Max Vehicles = " , but it also depends on things like garage spots, grid spots and pits in the .aiw file

Thanks! Is there a list of the numbers supported by each track? Just to bump up the majority of the default tracks to 30 or 32 so I can have full WTCC or STCC grids :D

In the .aiw file you can see under
"[GRID]" how many grid positions there are. Usually there are a lot of them, so that is not a problem

"[PITS]" how many teams there can be on the track. Usually there are 3 garage positions and one pit stop position for each "team".
If cars have the same specified pitgroups in the .car files, they will be considered a team on track.
If the cars don't have pitgroups, the teams locations and garages will be filled randomly, and if there are not enough team positions in the track, the garage spots will be filled with "mixed" teams.

Increasing cars in the .gdb files will probably cause some problems in the pits, but it is not dangerous to try :)
Often the teams have two good garage spots and the third located between them, making it look very crowded. Sometimes the third car is parked inside one of the other cars. It works, but it looks silly :roflmao:

Sorry for bring this back to life after almost a month, but how can you open the GDB file? Because when I triying with notepad or Notepad++ all I can see are weird
symbols. I don't remember this in cases like rFactor or F1CH
Sin título.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes