Exporting A car onto Racer!!!

I tried to rotate it but it still didnt work :(

37627851.png

28730973.png

As you can see i still have 3 problems

1. The Gigantic needle needs to go.

2. I need to get the car aligned with the shadow (i tried R, it rotates in blender but nothing happens in Racer)

3. The car is too high, again i tried to lower it in Blender, but nothing happens in Racer, same height, Didnt change :(

Please help :)

Are you sure you re-exported it properly?
You can lower it in the car.ini with an offset object after file=

example

file=body.dof
offset
{
x=0
y=0.1
z=0
}

And the model will be moved 0.1 units on the Y axis relative to the car's center.

Thanks, i found out my problem :D i wasn't rotating and moving it in edit mode. Now that i have done that it is much better and 'playable' but i still have that ugly big needle :/ gotta get that fixed

Thanks and Help!

The needle might be explained in your views.ini I'd go in there and scroll down to "view1" and for now comment (by adding a semi-colon in front of the text line) all the needles in view1.

Yes, but you may need that needle for one of the inside instuments, tach or speedometer.

Just remember move, rotate, and scale in edit mode or they don't export right.

Try using Google to find a wheel making tutorial for Blender, Blender.org has links to tutorials. Just remember to make the wheel/tire centered on 0, 0, 0.

Just model one spoke, and use "spin duplicate" which is basically radial array to copy it around the center of the wheel. Spin duplicate will use the invisible line created from the camera view through the 3d cursor as the rotation axis. So for example, if you model the spoke so that the front of the wheel is in front view, with the center of the wheel at 0, 0, 0, you'll want to have the 3d cursor at 0, 0, 0 and be in front view when you use spin duplicate. I think it has to be done in edit mode. Once you've got the spokes done, make a circle with a number of vertices that is a multiple of the number of spokes (i.e if you have 6 spokes, 24, 30, or 36 vertices on the circle is appropriate) Extrude the circle however you want to make the inside of the wheel. If you want, you can connect the outermost vertices of the spokes to the circle. This is why you should make the inside of the wheel a multiple of the spoke count. It can potentially look more realistic, if you add an edge loop for smoothing. Or just have them poke through the inside of the wheel. Duplicate the outer ring of vertices and extrude them to make the tire.

far out well done, i'm glad you got something in, i never really got past, the shader file..and the fact the game file setup kept changing..

With regards to the shaders, recall that the modeler.exe program that comes with racer can create the shader for you which might need only minimal editing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back