PC2 Explain to me the online competition points

From what I've read, you mainly gain points by beating someone with more points. And you lose points by being beaten by someone with less points.

So... what's my incentive to race people with fewer points?

It's the same small risk i experienced in Chess tournaments against a weaker opponent with a lower rating. If your better than your opponent then you will win quite easily the majority of times thus gaining more points in the long haul.

Except here you start out with 1500 points and when I look at who's playing on the servers, most people have only around 1000 points, so it's a race to the bottom when you're starting out. You're just cannon fodder for everyone who has a proper setup provided they can stay on the track.

With the safety rating, on the other hand, it seems fairly easy to progress. Even with the unsafe idiots in a crowded GT3 server, you can get clobbered in T1 and still advance.

Just took a quick look through the populated servers... highest rating I could find among players was 1579 and there were maybe 5 people with more than 1500. Considering the rating system is supposed to go up to 5000, this rating appears more to be a race to the bottom from a starting point of 1500. If not, you'd expect to see a couple people rated over 2000 points.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 87 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 95 13.8%