AC Exos S1 @ Spa - Sun 26.10.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
DNF, came together with Christian Lozanov on Kemmel straight, were he IMO did not leave me enough space. I checked the replay and it turned out I was steering slightly to the right without me even noticing... Completely destroying my front and rear wing :thumbsdown:. Sorry for that man.
Came together in Les Combes again, I saw no arrow indicating he was still on my inside, thought the collision on Kemmel slowed him down. Then I flew off track, came back and crashed into him again. Car was broken, could take it to the pit but the struggle I already had for 3 hours today was becoming annoying, especially with this heavy loaded car. :poop:ty race for me...

Anyways I checked the replay for the starting incident involving a flying
@Fernando Deutsch . @Galin Dimov lagged into the back of @Tomi Manninen who totally rekt you from behind. I understand your anger at the moment you got hit but this what happened and I hope you can forgive the guys :)

PS. Why can I tag everybody except Christian? The guy who I owe an apology to :o

DNF, got shunted in the first corner leaving my front and rear a dark yellow. Continued to race. Got up to 14th but I had hard tires on so my lap times were very slow. Then got hit in the back under breaking. No hard feelings towards the driver as I braked a bit early because on 120l of fuel and hard tires. Send my rear wing to dark orange so I lost a lot of rear grip. I pitted for with a box time of 23s and changed to mediums but when I got out I was far off the rear end of the field so retired after a few laps. Not a good race :(

Guys, I am really sorry...the incident was caused by me! It was a huge lag...retired so I don't ruin more people's races. Again, really sorry to ruin it for you at T1. Server #2 here at RD seems to be really bad for me and the last few races I am having a lot of lag. Funnily enough, we did a race on the Australian server and everything was smooth.
I really hope Kunos sorts their net code because this is is simply not good enough

Well talking about anti-climax. Had an amazing qualifying, improving my personal best with almost a second and ending in fourth iirc.

Since the setup felt so good, just added 140l of fuel and medium tyres, and that was a recipe for disaster :D The car felt like a bathtub on wheels, cornering was wonky and had to drive way to cautious because I else would spin. Add to that a yellow front and rear wing and that doesn't make things better. With 7 laps to go and obviously lots of fuel burnt I changed to softs and what a difference. Suddenly I was driving the exos again that I knew and was lapping 4/5 sec faster per lap, that was already to late however.

Could have been an awesome race, but turned out to be mostly a giant hotlapping session, ah well, had fun and enough races to come :)

If someone could upload a replay file that'd be great thanks, mine did not save even though I set the file size to max as I'd like to look at a t1 incident thanks.

Thanks guys for the race, Start from p6, relativly good start then a huge accident,luckyli i wasnt involved. i was a bit hotheaded at eau rouge, spin-> damaged wings , after a couple of horrible laps i decide to pit, then climbing from tha last place, then i hit @Rob Sharp , from behind, Sorry Rob again, a damaged rear wing..:O( i was like What the..hell:D) at the end i managed myself up to the 6th place, i had a couple of nice battles, so thank you guys!

Thanks guys for the race, Start from p6, relativly good start then a huge accident,luckyli i wasnt involved. i was a bit hotheaded at eau rouge, spin-> damaged wings , after a couple of horrible laps i decide to pit, then climbing from tha last place, then i hit @Rob Sharp , from behind, Sorry Rob again, a damaged rear wing..:O( i was like What the..hell:D) at the end i managed myself up to the 6th place, i had a couple of nice battles, so thank you guys!
No hard feelings @Krisztián Tóth I braked early as I was driving a shopping trolley with a dodgy wheel so had to brake early to make the corner, probably nothing you could do as you expecting me to have more grip and brake later (hard tires 140l fuel+ damage) thanks for waiting.

Last edited:
This didn't turn out the way coach had it written up. DNF. Qualy wasn't bad, actually gained a sec on my PR but still way off pace and started 2nd from last. Big wreck T1 gained a few spots thru Eau Rouge and stayed P8 and maintaining the gaps thru halfway. Then got tapped and turned around with serious rear wing damage. Pitted to repair but day was done. Tried to get to the checkered but didn't happen. Good fun. Strategy was to stay on the med/hard tire for the distance but don't think I was treating them well enough for that.

Key learnings: Need a lot more work on the setup. Watching pole stay in 6th gear thru Pouhon, and I don't even reach 6th anywhere... Got some work there.

Last edited:
@Mathias Jansen you were 5th and I was 4th ;). But anyway great race excluding T1.
I have a awesome start, but then it happened again, somebody hit me:mad:. Newertheless great fun as always:thumbsup:

Thx for the race guys.
Was an interesting one for me.

Qualified second, I decided to make a Pit stop half the way, running two sets of soft tyres.
And, because sometime I think I'm smart, I choose to fill the tank for 13 laps.
The back wanted so much to overtake the front, that the beginning was a pain in the :speechless:.

But finaly, i ended up to do my pit stop. Refueling the car for another 13 laps.
There, I would have expect to find back the behaviour of my car as it was on the first lap ( same tyres, same amount of fuel, Disabled grip dynamics), but actually, it was like the weight of my car didn't changed. I was able to run as fast as before the stop...
Anyone who've pited, maybe?

Anyway, was a good drive.
See you next.

PS: 2 Williams in front btw :whistling:

Thanks. Just looking at them quickly, I'm definitely not carrying enough wing. Must have to change gears/ratios too with that much d/f to get any kind of speed. ...will be diving into this.

This was my first online race in about two and a half years and first with Assetto Corsa. Didn't quite really get the setup right and lapped with race setup throughout qualifying. Avoid the mess at turn one and had a decent run until I messed up on Kemmel straight trying to reach right side bar.

Pretty impressed with the optimization of game but netcode definitely needs work. Have a great week everyone.

After the L1 T1 incident the car felt weird, but still drivable. What I realize later was it affected my top speed, by about 10 kph and felt like it was bend. Remind's me Prost SPA 86 driving describing the car as a banana.

It was fun catching the pack, and had nice fights, like one with @Fritz Anker . Your strategy paid well @Geoffroy Tassenoy . I was wondering how you were so fast at the final stages of the race. Fantastic pass by the way.

Driving in general was very good. Lapped cars behaved very well and there was no suicide or over risky moves. This track is awesome and the Lotus Exos is one of my all time favorite formula car on any sim.

One more thing, @Georg Siebert more F1 pleeeeeeeeeeeeese!!!;):);):)
There you go

maldo_drives_to_the_loo.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 354 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%