AC Exos S1 @ Mugello - Sun 21.09.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Due to time constraints I usually only race in public servers, so w'ere talking about 5/10 laps (so lets say 10/20 min) max. Would love to do club races more often, but throughout the week I'm busy with other things and only sunday is left, but will definitely join more often. :)
Great to hear, Mathias.
A 30 or 45 min race rewards consistancy more than a shorter one.
Look for the next events in our AC Racing club ,)

Congrats to the winners.
Whew! missed the T1 Mess! :confused:. A few laps down and going into T1 again.....I must admit these mirrors are a bit deceiving:redface: I thought I was clear ahead and took the racing line to find that what "appeared to be clear" car was in fact well and truly there, it was tickets for us both more so for him I managed to get back on track, my full apologies I certainly not trusting them mirrors in tight quarters!.
Other than that, a couple of self inflicted off track excursions (getting fewer with each race), I had a good race with a few tussles along the way also doing my best to give the lapping cars some room to pass!

I haven't had this little confidence before a race since F1 2013. I felt my pace was lacking during the qualifying, but the setup did me justice during the race.

I was in control first half of the race and had a few seconds down to @Fernando Deutsch, when I made a mistake behind a backmarker and lost grip (and control). A couple turns after that I was taken out by another backmarker comming back on track. Very bad move to come back on track like that..
20+ seconds behind after that, but finishing around 2 seconds behind in the end.
Fairly happy with the race.

Can't wait to have flag system in the game..

I was slightly involved in the crash at T1, I had a really good start and was gaining on the front four, two cars ahead of me touched as I was going to the inside, they slowed and I hit the back of them. If I had left a bit more space it might not have happened but I've come off the throttle early in other races only to be rear ended.

The upshot of it was I did a few spins, ended up pointing in the right direction and gained a place. I couldn't keep up with the cars in front. I might have been able to challenge to Fernando if I'd put in clean laps, I had some slightly faster laps but too many messy ones to keep up. I ended up in third in the end.

The only battle for position I had was with Henri near the end but I couldn't put up much of a fight he's a lot quicker.

Well first online race with AC and a lot of lessons learnt. Mostly though, thanks for letting me join, I was happy with qualifying, especially as practicing for this event I think I gained about 3 seconds in lap time; prior to this I was extremely stuck, not knowing what to do and getting very frustrated with the game, chasing lap times which I now know were done on an older (faster) iteration of the car. No more chasing the dragon! Default setup to a well known one helped quite a bit but then Henri helped me out also (as well as finding me the setup) so kudos, it's much appreciated.

Book 1, page 1, paragraph 1, line 1... set your tyres before the race start... quali tyres taken until lap 9 really did not help and caused a few offs which put me pretty much to the back of the field when I pitted.

Also, in the T1 melee, I took it very slowly but someone came screaming up my inside then stopped in front of me so I hit them. Had to let them past, down to 11th place with tyres which wouldn't last so knew I wouldn't have many fights.

After pitting (isn't that a weird way to pit AC?!?!?!), I came out, made a number more mistakes but took it as a learning exercise. Nice to see so many old foes out there doing so well, I'll catch you eventually. :)

By the end I was making no mistakes but it was way too late. Consistency was my old friend and it will be again, I just need to learn the AC nuances and how to not crash so much. Hope I didn't cause any issues for anyone, I felt a little sad seeing Kris get so badly taken out... moving over for faster cars shouldn't be a difficult thing.

Also, when adding apps I've come into an issue whereby I add them to my apps folder, enable them in the menu (they appear there) but in game, they do not appear on the right side of the screen... anyone else had this issue before? I felt a bit blind not being able to install extra apps (e.g. full size map, tyre temps, more positional info etc etc...)

Not happy with what happened today, as the Title of my video says "WHY ALWAYS ME".
I don't wanna comment much about it either, whats done is done, but its not funny either, and usually when you crash someone, you wait and give place back...
Anyway, started from P2, after Turn1 i ended up on penultimum place, i needed a few laps to relax myself, fighted all the way back on P5, the win was posible today, after 5 laps i was 1 minute behind leader, at the end of race i was 42 seconds, i hope i'll get rid of this "unluck" soon.
Highlights .... mod edit: please use the racedepartment link to share your videos.

[Assetto Corsa][RacingClub] "WHY ALWAYS ME?!" Mugello - Lotus Exos S1
by Emil Praga on RaceDepartment - F1, Motorsport, Sim Racing

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry @Michael Burke but you actually generate the accident.

I had a good start, at least better than @Henri Sinik, so I was getting closer and closer behind him up to a point I had to back off or I would take him out on the braking, that was exactly you did to me. At the same time @Emil Praga and I were getting very close side by side, almost touched, but we did not until I got hit by behind. As @Georg Siebert said, you have to leave space between you and the car in front, much more on T1 L1. Races are not won on lap one, but they are frequently lost at it.

Fortunatelly for me, I ended facing on the right direction and was able to keep the car on control on good position. From there I think @Henri Sinik ran wide on the fast uphill turn and gain another position. Then I was chasing @Kristoffer Somby, but was a bit conservative while saving the medium tires, as was not sure if they would survive the 27 laps. At some times I catch ground on him, at some others I lost it, until he crashed against a lapped car. I was not as fast as I wanted to be, but was kind of consistent. I had a comfortable gap until I reached @Franco Grigoletti who was a lap down, but he did not realize that and was racing me all the time. I almost took him out as he brake very early on turns hard to pass. I was kind of frenetic calling him on team speak until was told he was not there. Sorry guys if I got to excited over TS. This is why I think it must be mandatory to have everyone on TS. I lost a lot of ground behind him and probably one more lap I would have Kristoffer on my gearbox.

Have to add, I see a lot of overdriving and very risky manouvers. Kind of racing each lap as a qualifying, instead of trying being fast and consistent. The Exos is a dificult car to master and over the limit it bites hard.

Lapped cars are becoming an issue. I still think even without blue flags, is possible to read where you are with the leader board. It shows you who is on front and who behind. Do a quick look behind and see who is chasing you and that would be enough.

I'm particularly looking forward to a GT race. Without being too much of a broken record, I personally find those cars a little more predictable than the Formula cars.

I did qualifying for a short while, and literally couldn't do more than 2 laps. The only thing I can put it down to today being the first time I've had a go with this car since I bought AC, which was a loooong time ago! This is without a doubt one of the hardest cars in the game to drive, along with the Ferrari 312T. Even the 98T and the Lotus 49 were easier to learn than this!

Just my 2 pence :)

I am sorry @Michael Burke but you actually generate the accident.

I had a good start, at least better than @Henri Sinik, so I was getting closer and closer behind him up to a point I had to back off or I would take him out on the braking, that was exactly you did to me. At the same time @Emil Praga and I were getting very close side by side, almost touched, but we did not until I got hit by behind. As @Georg Siebert said, you have to leave space between you and the car in front, much more on T1 L1. Races are not won on lap one, but they are frequently lost at it.
From my point of view and my replay file you and Emil had already touched and Emil was sideways when I hit you. But I will accept I was too close either way and needed to leave a bigger gap for safety.

It could have been a warp also. If your replay shows that then probably it was something related to a network delay. On my replay I was hit from behind and then touched Emil by sliding on him.

At the end, we need to learn to give enough safe space between cars, unless there is a real oportunitity to gain a position without too much risk. I got too close to Henri and though about go right, but then I could compromise my entry on the turn and take him out, so I slighly backed off.

hi,for me good race only one time outside 2^ arrabbiata anyone with a big lag "i think" push me hardly outside into the flower ,i am happy and grats to all competitors;) .

Race to forget :(

First lap in qualy, realized, my wheel has no ffb, so I had to restart the pc.
Second try, ffb is back, but the game started to show 95%CPU warning. I guess some of the liveries are cpu/memory demanding, so I went back, removed them all and joined again.
I liked my all white car, at least it was running ok..
Than start, what to say... @Emil Praga - welcome to my club. My race ended at 1:04 in your video, you can see my car smashed from right and catapulted into the wall and gravel.
Even worse, I couldn't get out of it.. each slight touch of the throttle, I was spinning around all the time. I lost at least 30s before I managed to rejoin.
I tried to focus on racing again, which was quite hard, but...
When I cought @Catalin Sasu I absolutely underestimated his speed and hit him in the back, sorry for that.. this was actually last drop for me and I quit the race.

One would expect, that such easy T1 like Mugello has to be safe. But once again, it was complete mess. What's wrong?

Same story here. I did a very good start from the mid-pack (practising starts is really an advantage), taking a couple of places just to been engulfed in the T1 braking area mess. After spinning I rejoined and immediately got hit by someone also trying to rejoin the race. So I ended last for a few seconds. From there I tried to calm down and hit low 1.30s with the mediums, but to my surprise, the car skid (twice) in the apex at arrabiata 2 making me take a detour with a 5 seconds penalty bonus. So I decided not to go full throttle there any more for a few laps until I got rid of some fuel weight. A couple more of minors mistakes and I managed a consistent pace of 1.29s in the last 10 laps to end 8th.

Very solitary race from my side. Not super happy with my driving but not too bad considering this is a F1.

I definitely think mediums was the way to go.

My race ended at 1:04 in your video, you can see my car smashed from right and catapulted into the wall and gravel.

One would expect, that such easy T1 like Mugello has to be safe. But once again, it was complete mess. What's wrong?

I'm writing this here because it will help other drivers too. If you get out of the road, don't rejoin the track if there are cars behind. Wait for them to pass and then come back in the track with safety. You rejoined without watching your mirrors or looking behind and the cars that hit you didn't have a chance to avoid you.

Here Is a few “cents” from me and hey! I am by no means innocent of any mishaps! (THIS IS NOT A RANT).

Last night I made a decision not to really bother about qualifying too hard, not to push it to get a personal best on the hope to put me where I might not belong so I ended up 2nd last on the grid shock horror! Instead of winging it and trying to get the elusive Q lap I put in time with a race setup. This, I guess, in the race helped me get some pretty constant times, confidence and my best attempt to date at keeping on the track .

With this attitude! Well! I had a pretty awesome start, I took several places before I even reached the end of the grid! I might be wrong but it looked like all the guys I took had the attitude to floor it at the get go and in doing so wheel spinning a wall of smoke and not going anywhere! By the time I approached T1 I was in a happy an less aggressive mood! I could see the mayhem ahead and slowed down appropriately. Luck also played in my hands and before I knew it I was in 6th place at “Luco” the T2 lefthander. This put me in a spot where had the rights to give it a shot at defending my position. Unfortunately for me this did not last too long. With the incident at T1 with @Mathias André (see previous post, darn mirrors!) and one of my few off track excursions put me back way back! But on the bright side I was in a position to get down to business to close the gap and overtake some cars. Until the point where the fast cars were overtaking. Now after last week’s experience I was extra cautious of the faster cars and tried to keep clear.

Now fast guys please note that we slow guys are also racing, No not you but the slower cars around us.

Now having said this let me explain! I have two maps going the one where all of the map is shown together with the colour coded arrows(map1) and the in game map app (map2). With “map1” I glance once in a while to see the status of the cars behind and with the “map2” I observe in my peripheral vision the proximity of cars close to me, unfortunately this “map2” doesn’t give you the status of the care behind. So the net result is, the car on your tail, is it a lapping car or the car you are really racing because you already know via “Map1” that there is a fast car approaching! So sometimes I might look like I am trying to defend a lapping car despite the intent of trying to keep clear of them.

No I am not having a go at the fast guys, I am just trying to get everyone to rub off that aggressiveness attitude a bit. Slow guys yes there are faster guys lapping you be aware of them, try to be predictable hold your line move on over where you can. We all have to do our best to accommodate everyone, it will only get easier once “flags”, DRS, KERS and slipstreaming come into play (hopefully) Ah! DRS, KERS and slipstreaming this will give the fast guys ample opportunity’s down the straits to hop past the slower guys at the moment I have experienced the fast guys can’t overtake even though I had move on over, another factor that added to @Mathias André and my coming together.

Once again I will say these races are CLUB RACES a place to practice and develop our race craft, help each other become better racers. I see this as a “Local Club” rather than a “Professional Club” (you know like the soccer “CLUBS” where it is kill or be killed!)

I'm writing this here because it will help other drivers too. If you get out of the road, don't rejoin the track if there are cars behind. Wait for them to pass and then come back in the track with safety. You rejoined without watching your mirrors or looking behind and the cars that hit you didn't have a chance to avoid you.
Yes @Akis Kevrekidis this is true but it is not that easy! I have experienced it several times myself (getting less these days!) To see a car approaching at break neck speeds is difficult when trying to control these beasts over ground varying in grip (dirt, gravel, kerbs and tarmac) trying to get back on track. Before you know it a car that was not in you visibility, maps and mirrors included, is right there. The best we can do is try not to panic, preventing spinning all over the place and come in back on track a shallow angles in control. Ah! "Yellow flag", hoping for Flags

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back