AC Exos S1 @ Mugello - Fri 11th July 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Kristoffer Somby I didn't want to ruin your race at all, I spun and had just recovered when you crashed into me.

Afterwards out cars clung together whatever I tried for a few seconds, I couldn't do anything about it. So sorry, but no need for you insult.

Last edited:
@Kristoffer Somby I didn't want to ruin your race at all, I spun and had just recovered when you crashed into me.

Afterwards out cars clung together whatever I tried for a few seconds, I couldn't do anything about it. So sorry, but no need for you insult.

As I said it wasn't intentional and I am sorry

The video clearly shows you have full control of the car when you crashed into me, not the other way around.
You are on the middle of the track and turn into me while I'm on the racing line, and then you push me off the track into the gravel.

Sorry about the harsh words, I understand that it's not acceptable - but then what about the driving displayed by Frank?

mod-edit: again, you can disagree with somebody, but you have to keep it civil and not write sarkastic responses to provoke others. Clear things via PM first and if you are still not happy you can issue a report of the incident.

Last edited:
Bummer never had assetto corsa crash on me before. :(
Yeah, that was pretty unlucky, you might want to make sure that your game settings are within your computers ability although they probably already are and you were just unlucky. I was starting directly behind you and nearlly soiled myself but thankfully got round you.

Is a question why a fellow member is lying considered uncivil?
In what country?
As all moderators I have to enforce our Terms of Service. The very Terms of Service you agreed to adhere to after you registered to the site.

We reserve the rights to remove or modify any messages posted for any reason
Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. This means you may not personally attack other forum users. malicious behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated.

Additionally, I will not tolerate fellow drivers acusing others of lying.

If anything I dropped my graphical settings, like I said its never crashed before!! My starts are usually poor anyway :) Its a pity cause we were evenly matched in race trim it would have been a exciting battle between us! :)

we all know that the collision physics of Assetto Corsa are not exactly 'perfect' at the moment. @Kristoffer Somby, I clearly saw in your replay @Frank Brasse his wheels turned to the left. It appeared to me as a 'early access' glitch that will hopefully be ironed out in the future!

looks like it was an eventful race guys. I have to apologies for not really taking part in the race but I was too tired and even in qualifying, I couldn't keep my eyes on the road for more than a lap. It would have been unsafe (hit someone; spin) for me to be like this out there so I retired and after lap 2, I was in bed!

Looking forward to the next one :coffee:

@Kristoffer Somby , yes it certainly looks like it in the video particularly from your point of view and most of us (if not all except P1 & P2 who feel lucky ) feel sorry for you, after all you were leading the race till this point. However I would like to share with you the perspective of a slow or less experienced driver like myself and @Frank Brasse (BTW I only know Frank and the rest of you about the same and mainly from the few races we have done here)
I am sure you are fully aware that AC is in development, mentioned countless times before.
To me it looks like @Frank Brasse had come off between T10-11 had the slow down penalty, In trying to sort out the issue, did not see you approaching so fast (Let me tell you I for one are constantly looking in my mirrors for you fast guys and you still surprise me when you are all of a sudden right there) with the line he was taking you were also in his blind spot when the first collision happened. Now having a few off track incidences myself the restart with these cars (particularly if you are inexperienced with them) is difficult to say the least. You can not see 90° out of the car if you are not using the "Look" options (second collision ) So @Frank Brasse could not know where you were! Once again when both you guys were beginning to go strait you were in Frank's aft right quarter, then all of a sudden there are two more cars approaching Frank more than likely (and being so frustrated for causing an accident in the first place) panicked and swerved right (collision 3) clearly not knowing were you were. This is all unfortunate for you to say the least.
This is Club racing first of all and it clearly states here on RD for learning, fun and winning is not the objective here (League racing still to come) Until the point comes when there is enough cars to fill two servers we are going to have fast and slow drivers in the same club race both can learn from each other. I am sure Frank has learnt from this and maybe I can be bold to state that " you could learn from this too on how to approach a slow driver in a situation such as this -- to be a lot slower" If you had you might not have lost the lead and the finish might have been a lot more exciting between 1-2-3.
I was not going to mention it before but having seen the dialogue in this thread I now have to bring this to light. Not long before this you had an incident all by yourself, came of the track hit the wall, bounced back into me and took me out (how unfortunate for me and humbling for you) Now if you did not push it so hard (with a commanding lead) and were a wee bit slower you would not have come off the track and then would have overtaken Frank at a different point in time, negating this hole issue in the first place. Yes at the time it boils the blood and you believe you were targeted but in the big picture there is always other ways to see it.
There you go that's my take on the matter and I hope all can learn from this, and I certainly not trying to pick sides here, I just want a nice environment and folks to race with. This is also another reason to read the RD rules again to remind us how to deal with things, behave, enjoy and become better drivers

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 376 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing