AC Exos S1 @ Monza - Sun 14.09.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
If anyone has a replay file that contains the beginning of the race could you upload it somewhere? I just want to see just how many times I got booted around in the first two laps. My replay starts in the second lap when I am rejoining the track in last place after I got booted at the first Lesmos.

Remember if you boot someone off that is in front of you, you need to give that place back.

I didn't expect too much in this race. I qualified towards the back (you guys are just too fast!). Ended up finishing 17th, guess it could have been worse.

I suspect I caused some mayhem on the first lap whilst trying to avoid the carnage, so apologies to anyone I may have inconvenienced; this was my 3rd race so I'm still learning :x. Apologies to Cássio as well for the unbelievably stupid attempt to overtake on the inside of the parabolica on the penultimate lap with totally shot tires. Really sorry for that man.

Other than that, I had a clean and fun race. Qualifying was also great as everyone was always very conscious of other drivers.

I suspect I caused some mayhem on the first lap whilst trying to avoid the carnage, so apologies to anyone I may have inconvenienced; this was my 3rd race so I'm still learning :x. Apologies to Cássio as well for the unbelievably stupid attempt to overtake on the inside of the parabolica on the penultimate lap with totally shot tires. Really sorry for that man.

Other than that, I had a clean and fun race. Qualifying was also great as everyone was always very conscious of other drivers.

Hey, no problem whatsoever man! My 3rd online race also here at the RD Racing Club, and also the most fun I had yet! :D

I wasn´t doing particularly quick laps, but managed to keep it clean most of the time. Which is more than I can say about my last 2 races. :p

@Emil Praga my apologies. I had let you through as you were a lapping car, found it strange to be able to overtake you down the strait and kept to the right , approaching the chicane started to move over to the left to take the corner, trying to see where you were I missed my breaking point and instead of taking the corner I continued on hopefully giving you enough room to take your turn. Unfortunately I did not take my foot of the brake and slowed down in front of you. On hind sight I should have just coasted into the runoff without breaking. My apologies.

Once on the server I had a terrible sound In the game I tried to reboot and rejoin the race before the end of Q and before the beginning of the race, unfortunately for me I only managed to get back in the race after the start when most of the cars were beyond Variante della Roggia . I managed to overtake some and moved on up to P21 . Once again I got taken out by Catalin Sasu then I had my indecent with Emil. After which some folks dropped out leaving me last.

Last edited:
Great race, so much passing. :)

First race with this mod, I only practiced an hour beforehand with both the mod and the track, so that's why my race pace was faster than my 10 litre fuel pace anyway.

I had no idea we were in quali already, so I kept going on and on with my race fuel :p Ended up P21, so I thought, well here goes.

Chaos at T1, but to be fair visibility to the sides are bad here, especially the first chicane. Kept going on my mediums, and they were still on it til the end, so I could really push. Ended up with a 1:31.9 in the race, which was OK for me.

Fair racing all the way, and the battles were epic, as already stated. All I really missed with these cars, was a 7th gear. But it is what it is.

Ive been trying to find out what was wrong with my pc. I had a god awful sound problem, then my pc crashed. Talking to others they had a wierd noise over TS, but i had a stuttering gurgle, (thats the only way I can describe it), and Ive been trying to get to the bottom of it. Ive even replaced the sound card from my other pc.

Still havent found out what it was, but it hasnt happened anymore. Did anyone else have a major sound problem from the start of server #2 action?

Ive been trying to find out what was wrong with my pc. I had a god awful sound problem, then my pc crashed. Talking to others they had a wierd noise over TS, but i had a stuttering gurgle, (thats the only way I can describe it), and Ive been trying to get to the bottom of it. Ive even replaced the sound card from my other pc.

Still havent found out what it was, but it hasnt happened anymore. Did anyone else have a major sound problem from the start of server #2 action?

None here, but I didn't use TS. Did you try it without TS?

Edwin said he had a sound problem also. I didn't have a problem with the sound, even though several times during the race my framerate dropped quite a bit around some corners.

@Kristoffer Somby , nice video!
I tried not to do something stupid when you came up behind me towards the end of the race, hope I didn't cause too much grief :)

Did your replay file have the first two laps? If it did could you edit it down to the first two laps and post it somewhere?

Over on the AC.net forums, there appears to be an issue with 7.1 sound and some people said it got fixed if they change it to 5.1. There may also be some issue with some wireless USB headsets. For the first problem they said it should be fixed when they migrate over to the new sound.

As reported in other threads, it seems there are problem with 7.1 format. Anyway, as announced some time ago, we're porting actual soundsets in FMod, so all these issues should be automatically addressed with this new audio middleware.

Still havent found out what it was, but it hasn't happened anymore. Did anyone else have a major sound problem from the start of server #2 action?
I definitely had a sound problem! As you say a "stuttering gurgle" describes it very well. I had no problems prior to the race and none after. At the time, as mentioned I had rebooted the PC and the game, changed the USB port for the headset and also tried removing the USB sound adaptor (Sennheiser PC 323D) and plugging it in the headphone and microphone jack. None of which helped and net result late for the start.
So Christopher I do not think it was your setup. Also reading the threads in the AC forums http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/sound-stuttering-in-multiplayer-servers.12627/ it is a known issue and tends to happen with more cars on the track

Last edited:
Thx for the kind words Dewald Nel :)

10th overall was very suprising to me cause i had a absolute bad setup and way too much fuel onboard....lol i think 150liters. Instead of back to pits i pushed the exit button 10sec before race and was a bit confused and stressed :) Was slower on straights and corners then everyone else i met but i had the best start ever. From 14th up to 4th or 5th i think in the first 2 laps but then i only was able to not make mistakes (which worked solala :)) and dont fight others so i dont loose additional time - so i hope i didnt block the faster cars. But overall what i saw it was a clean and fair race and i had my very personal fun every round accelerating out of the first chicane with spinning backwheels till 3rd gear :)

And about the sound stuttering: I think with the patch they changed the internal timing/preload of the cars cause i know that sort of stuttering from my musicsoftware. When i put latency down so my soundcard is overloaded it also makes the same stuttering like in ac.So lets wait for fmod :)

Sorry to Michal for the bump into the 1st chicane. Started 7th and away well, and got distracted by a car shooting down my inside. I followed you down the run off road and came out in 18th.
From there it was a bit of a lonely race back up to 9th. My car had alot of understeer and the tyres were worn out very quickly. Gratz to all who finished. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back