Exclusive Artwork: Formula RR on Hockenheim

RaceDepartment

Administrator
Staff
An openwheeler weighing only 600kg and producing 850bhp on the rear wheels. Here is the fastest formula racing car ever released by SimBin.
Enjoy the Formula RR in action on the Hockenheimring.

RRO_artwork.jpg
Click the image to enlarge

Raceroom will be at the Essen auto show, and also my buddy fron MultiBC will be there doing live broadcasts with Raceroom.

The schedule can be seen here http://www.multibc.com/SIM/?page_id=16

Should be interesting, I am going to try and watch and see what RR is up to. I am very excited the direction Simbin is taking this with the introduction of intergrated community stats. The RR site is done very well and I will be downloading immedietel when it comes available.

I get more and more respect for Eric and Dave for making our own stats possible as non-paid community volunteers :) I bet it's the same kind of system. Great to see two RD admins inspired SimBin with it :thumb:

Bram I was wondering also tho, RTR is listed as affiliated with Raceroom, which makes you somewhat of an affiliate as you are "iOpener enabled Bram" :)

I do agree, and feel they are coming in WAY after the fact trying to create a community when they never even attempted it in all the years previous with their Race series....

I personally feel they are trying to mould in the shape of iRacing and using this free game as a marketing platform for the upcoming release in the Fall.

And big thanks to Eric and Dave for their efforts here and RD with the RD stats. Also to all the staff here.

Will the cars be available for RACE On as well? Will it merge in like the rest of the expansions? If so it would make a good car for the Formula Pro Series not?

Downloaded it.

Not impressed. Still Gmotor2 gfx and physics. Menu sounds from Volvo the Game. Lots of IGA even when you are racing. Forced registration.

The car is nice but only one track (three layouts). No organized multiplayer racing on dedicated community servers, only the competition hotlap servers similar to the race 07 ranking system. Not compatible with earlier games such as RACE 07, GTR Evo, RACE On. Would have been a nice car for the Formula Pro Series I think.

Nah not impressed either. Made a video of a lap, is uploading now.
Indeed no MP but only Time attack and no setup options. Car (F1) is decent but to easy. Missing some good sounds and some good downshift sounds. Advertising is much indeed but thats the idea offcourse behind it. :)
Hockenheim is not scratch made, just updated abit from Meck his version. :)
Awell good marketing i guess but that Gmotor engine is getting abit bored. Will do some laps the coming days i think but thats it. :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%