Resource icon

Other evoHUD 1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I edited d3d9.dll in d3d9_3.dll and I edited that into the evohud.ini, and I also like Alex followed the provided install instructions but Hud disappered!
A noob question, can't you compile .dll file as d3d9_3.dll (or with other name, this is just an example) from the beginning?
By this way we can preserve SweetFx as suggested by Alex.
First,
original d3d9.dll = dynHUD
d3d9_2.dll = sweetfx
d39orig.dll = ?
Are these correct?

If you want to use with sweetfx, put evoHUD's d3d9.dll to d3d9.dll and edit evoHUD.ini to "OriginalD3D9DLL = d3d9_2.dll".

If you want to use with dynHUD, rename dynHUD's d3d9.dll to d3d9_dyn.dll and put evoHUD's d3d9.dll to d3d9.dll. Then, edit evoHUD.ini to "OriginalD3D9DLL = d3d9_dyn.dll".

Wait, I am confused now :cautious:

I did this:

Installation
  1. copy d3d9.dll and evoHUD.nut to game root folder.
  2. copy evoHUD.dll and evoHUD folder to plugins folder.
Work with other graphical plugin
  1. rename d3d9.dll to something like d3d9_orig.dll.
  2. copy evoHUD.ini to game root folder and edit it.
Code:
[General]
OriginalD3D9DLL = d3d9.dll

to
Code:
[General]
OriginalD3D9DLL = d3d9_orig.dll

I renamed d3d9.dll (from the mod) in d3d9.dll_3 and then OriginalD3D9DLL = d3d9_3.dll.

I did this in order to leave d3d9.dll for dynHUD and d3d9_2.dll for sweetfx without overwriting d3d9.dll from your mod with the one already in the folder.

So I have something like this:
original d3d9.dll for dynHUD
d3d9_2.dll
for sweetfx
d3d9_3.dll
for EvoHud

Is this correct?

Wait, I am confused now :cautious:

I did this:

Installation
  1. copy d3d9.dll and evoHUD.nut to game root folder.
  2. copy evoHUD.dll and evoHUD folder to plugins folder.
Work with other graphical plugin
  1. rename d3d9.dll to something like d3d9_orig.dll.
  2. copy evoHUD.ini to game root folder and edit it.
Code:
[General]
OriginalD3D9DLL = d3d9.dll

to
Code:
[General]
OriginalD3D9DLL = d3d9_orig.dll

I renamed d3d9.dll (from the mod) in d3d9.dll_3 and then OriginalD3D9DLL = d3d9_3.dll.

I did this in order to leave d3d9.dll for dynHUD and d3d9_2.dll for sweetfx without overwriting d3d9.dll from your mod with the one already in the folder.

So I have something like this:
original d3d9.dll for dynHUD
d3d9_2.dll
for sweetfx
d3d9_3.dll
for EvoHud

Is this correct?
Sorry, instruction is wrong for working with other dll.
evoHUD's d3d9.dll must always be d3d9.dll. Therefore, you must do "Work with other graphical plugin" first, then do "Installation".

I'll correct Overview page and README.txt.

Ok now, I was going mad tryng to find the culprit, I was repeating myself I was an idiot, lol
@Alex Sawczuk problem solved, just an error on Installation steps!
20170812023139_2.jpg

It works now, but still no gray backgrounds :cautious:
@kenken Please, can you tell me which values should I change in order to move around widgets?

Last edited:
OK, I might found the solution.
Replace at line 683
Code:
        if (scale == null) {
            return;
        }
with
Code:
        if (scale == null) {
            endWindow();
            return;
        }
I hope it works.

Thanks mate, I can't test it right now, I hope in a couple of hours or if not I will test it as soon as possible, thanks for your work!
Looks awesome on your last pick!

All widgets except map, have grey background. Looking very good.
Tested on it's own using the above dll. I have not edited the config & tested it with other dlls. :)

(The pit board is not appearing, I presume that is correct & not yet included).

Tested all 3 .dll files provided by you but still no background, so I changed line 683 on .nut file and it worked!!!
20170813130831_1.jpg

No pitboard for me too :)

Last edited:
Tested all 3 .dll files provided by you but still no background, so I changed line 683 on .nut file and it worked!!!
View attachment 206720
No pitboard for me too :)
OK. I'll upload 1.3.0-RC1.

I have just tested it, and it feels great! Things do not fit my screen at 1366x768, which I'll take some time to change it and make it fit. But I'm getting mismatch in Time Trials. Could it be because of the evoHUD?
I don't have knowledge about mismatch. where should I get to start?

Here is 1.3.0RC1.

This is RC version. Please report anything odd behavior.

Note: If you don't use track map or delta bar, I recommend turn off(true to false) these control with enableTrackMap or enableDeltaTime in initialize(). By these, you can avoid unnecessary memory allocations and save cpu cycles.

The brief changelog since beta 2:
added pitboard widget.
fixed all widget background is transparent in some condition.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kgko2f6kwnj4sq0/evoHUD-1.3.0RC1.7z

Last edited:
Looks like it works very well, thank you again kenken.
I've added a hotkey '7' to switch on/off the pit monitor as per your previous instructions, and made my preferred 'slimline' version by commenting render lines out until I have only the pit monitor while in garage, and the pitboard out on track. :)

EvoHUD.jpg

Looks like it works very well, thank you again kenken.
I've added a hotkey '7' to switch on/off the pit monitor as per your previous instructions, and made my preferred 'slimline' version by commenting render lines out until I have only the pit monitor while in garage, and the pitboard out on track. :)

View attachment 206753
In your case, you may want to disable track map and delta time controls. Change argument of enableTrackMap and enableDeltaTime to false in initialize().

@kenken thanks for your work again!
When I will be back at home I will test the new release as soon as I can.

On side note, I don't know if I should call them lacks or bugs but:
- when reached max rev gear number should flash red, rev bar should flash all togheter
- engine, oil, water, fuel icons on dashboard should change color based on status (grey = all clear, orange = sligthly damaged, red = heavy damage, flashing red = dead)
- gearbox icon missing on dashboard, DynHud has it, should work as above
- p2p/drs icon not working, should change color based on status (grey = not allowed, green = ready, flashing blue = in use, flashing red = reloading)
- can we have lap and position on this widget? Something like this
sorryforthis.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back