Resource icon

Other evoHUD 1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm going to try this tonight.
As soon as a delta bar can be added I believe you will have all AMS drivers rejoicing.
Personally, I find no value on delta bar for improving lap time. It shows just accumulated difference of time. For improving performance, we need difference time of section to section(corner entry to exit, continuous corners...). And it's not belong to on the fly analysis, it should be analyse at garage. For me, it's a some kind of distracted element. But there is request. I'm going to implement it sooner or later despite my personal feeling.

kenken, I understand your point and respect your opinion about it (and also think you are doing a great job here), but I have to disagree with you. Delta bar IS the most important thing for improving performance. At least to me it is. And if you check the Leaderboards you will see that I have a certain "authority" to say it (I know, it means nothing, but I wasn't able to put it in a less arrogant way. =-/ Portuguese speaker here).

Without the delta you can't really be sure about what made you faster in a certain lap. Be it because sector times won't show you which corner was faster, be it because you can't recall which lap you tried what. With the delta you know on the fly if a line is better or not, and this instantaneous feedback gives you confidence to repeat the faster move during next lap, and confidence to understand car behaviour more easily.

Even the real drivers I work with find the delta bar an amazing tool. But you make the call. I just wanted to make sure you'd weight a different opinion before making the call.

kenken, I understand your point and respect your opinion about it (and also think you are doing a great job here), but I have to disagree with you. Delta bar IS the most important thing for improving performance. At least to me it is. And if you check the Leaderboards you will see that I have a certain "authority" to say it (I know, it means nothing, but I wasn't able to put it in a less arrogant way. =-/ Portuguese speaker here).

Without the delta you can't really be sure about what made you faster in a certain lap. Be it because sector times won't show you which corner was faster, be it because you can't recall which lap you tried what. With the delta you know on the fly if a line is better or not, and this instantaneous feedback gives you confidence to repeat the faster move during next lap, and understand car behaviour more easily.

Even the real drivers I work with find the delta bar an amazing tool. But you make the call. I just wanted to make sure you'd weight a different opinion before making the call.
As always Heitor nails it :)

Without the delta you can't really be sure about what made you faster in a certain lap. Be it because sector times won't show you which corner was faster, be it because you can't recall which lap you tried what. With the delta you know on the fly if a line is better or not, and this instantaneous feedback gives you confidence to repeat the faster move during next lap, and confidence to understand car behaviour more easily.

This is just my personal opinion. The value shown is accumulated is a problem what I think. As long as you run on same line and same speed against reference lap except a part which you try to improve, delta bar works as expected. But how many people can do that? And do you always subtract values and compare them in you head while you drive on the limit? At least, I don't want to do, I just want to concentrate to drive. That's why I think we should compare section to section differential time not whole lap time differentiation.

Anyway, I already made a call, it's on the list. You can get it when it's done.

I know, and that's fine. No problem.

And do you always subtract values and compare them in you head while you drive on the limit?
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. When you are in a comfortable part of the track, it's fine to do that. But when things are difficult, only noticing the value shrinking is enough to know it was a good line. I set the colour bar to be very sensitive, like 1s when it's full, so every .050 s of change is very noticeable. No need to look directly to the bar.

Here is new beta.

This is beta version. Please report anything odd behavior.

Important: open evoHUD.nut with editor and replace "png" with "dds" in line 17. Otherwise, layout will collapse.

About delta bar widget:
The fps might drop since no performance tuning is done.
The time resolution is about 3ms since telemetry data update frequency is 360Hz.
It should be enough for this purpose and I hope no one complain about it.

The brief changelog since beta 1:
added delta bar widget.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/40poxu56lpwl3fn/evoHUD-1.3.0-beta2.7z

Last edited:
20170811012750_1.jpg

Here a pic, sadly to report some problems on the graphic side, as you can see on the pic: missing icons, no gray background, elements not at the same level, etc, etc
Maybe it doesn't auto scale based on monitor resolution?
About delta bar...it works!
Faster and precise as should be!
(Sorry for the wall but trying to do the pic I hit it, lol)

Last edited:
View attachment 206341
Here a pic, sadly to report some problems on the graphic side, as you can see on the pic: missing icons, no gray background, elements not at the same level, etc, etc
Maybe it doesn't auto scale based on monitor resolution?
About delta bar...it works!
Faster and precise as should be!
(Sorry for the wall but trying to do the pic I hit it, lol)
To fix missing icons and wrong alignments, replace "png" with "dds" in line 17 in evoHUD.nut. I'm not sure but this also fixes widget background, probably.

:confused:

OMG... I have to set my rig right now to test this! You really know how to surprise us! Haha.

Cheers!
It not difficult to implement delta bar because basic mechanism of it is pretty simple. Furthermore, I was able to skip bothersome part of programming, since Reiza provides data through plugin for dynHUD. Actually, I spent more time for checking/observing than writing codes.

Question remains, why dynHUD delta bar is so unstable?

Hey there,

I was wanting to check this out, but it doesn't show up at all for me? Is there some logging anywhere I can check to see what I'm doing wrong?

I run in borderless windowed mode, just incase that's causing issues, and I would like to preserve SweetFX dll, (d3d9_2.dll - so I edited that into the evohud.ini, and I also followed the provided install instructions)

Hey there,

I was wanting to check this out, but it doesn't show up at all for me? Is there some logging anywhere I can check to see what I'm doing wrong?

I run in borderless windowed mode, just incase that's causing issues, and I would like to preserve SweetFX dll, (d3d9_2.dll - so I edited that into the evohud.ini, and I also followed the provided install instructions)
You can monitor by DebugView(https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896647). Normally, debug output should be below at startup.
Code:
1    0.000000    3428    Steam.exe    ExecCommandLine: ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" steam://rungameid/431600"
2    0.000181    3428    Steam.exe    ExecSteamURL: "steam://rungameid/431600"
3    0.168540    3428    Steam.exe    GameAction [AppID 431600, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to Starting with ""
4    0.497094    3428    Steam.exe    GameAction [AppID 431600, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to SynchronizingCloud with ""
5    1.563656    3428    Steam.exe    GameAction [AppID 431600, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to SiteLicenseSeatCheckout with ""
6    1.563861    3428    Steam.exe    GameAction [AppID 431600, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to CreatingProcess with ""
7    1.563886    3428    Steam.exe    GameAction [AppID 431600, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp waiting for user response to CreatingProcess ""
8    1.563973    3428    Steam.exe    GameAction[AppID 431600, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp continues with user response "CreatingProcess"
9    1.577801    3428    Steam.exe    Opted-in Controller Mask: 0
10    1.581890    3428    Steam.exe    Game update: AppID 431600 "Automobilista", ProcID 4904, IP 0.0.0.0:0
11    1.586426    3428    Steam.exe    >>> Adding process 4904 for game ID 431600
12    1.586848    3428    Steam.exe    GameAction [AppID 431600, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to WaitingGameWindow with ""
13    1.590358    3428    Steam.exe    GameAction [AppID 431600, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to Completed with ""
14    2.039706    3428    Steam.exe    Game update: AppID 431600 "Automobilista", ProcID 4904, IP 0.0.0.0:0
15    2.794624    4904    AMS.exe    evoHUD DX9: InitInstance called.
16    18.752966    4904    AMS.exe    D-BOX: GetPluginName
17    18.753034    4904    AMS.exe    D-BOX: GetPluginVersion
18    18.753106    4904    AMS.exe    D-BOX: GetPluginObjectCount
19    18.753180    4904    AMS.exe    D-BOX: GetPluginObjectInfo(0)
20    18.753252    4904    AMS.exe    D-BOX: LiveMotionPluginInfo::LiveMotionPluginInfo
21    18.753353    4904    AMS.exe    D-BOX: LiveMotionPluginInfo::GetName
22    18.753456    4904    AMS.exe    D-BOX: GetPluginName
23    18.753541    4904    AMS.exe    D-BOX: LiveMotionPluginInfo::GetType
24    18.753612    4904    AMS.exe    D-BOX: LiveMotionPluginInfo::Create
25    18.753691    4904    AMS.exe    rFactor: LiveMotionPlugin::LiveMotionPlugin
26    18.753746    4904    AMS.exe    D-BOX: LiveMotionPluginInfo::GetName
27    19.993643    4904    AMS.exe    evoHUD DX9: load squirrel functions.
28    19.995156    4904    AMS.exe    evoHUD DX9: evoHUD.nut is loaded.
29    27.452482    4904    AMS.exe    rFactor: LiveMotionPlugin::Startup
30    27.452700    4904    AMS.exe    Live Motion Initialization failed. Error Code #-7.
31    27.578472    3428    Steam.exe    Game update: AppID 431600 "Automobilista", ProcID 4904, IP 0.0.0.0:0
32    32.320454    4904    AMS.exe    evoHUD DX9: getPluginFunctions is success.
33    48.954068    4904    AMS.exe    rFactor: LiveMotionPlugin::Shutdown
34    48.993140    4904    AMS.exe    rFactor: LiveMotionPlugin::Destroy
35    48.993177    4904    AMS.exe    rFactor: LiveMotionPlugin::Shutdown
36    48.993247    4904    AMS.exe    rFactor: LiveMotionPlugin::~LiveMotionPlugin
37    49.066971    4904    AMS.exe    <process started at 01:02:25.591 has now terminated with exit code 0>
38    51.278012    3428    Steam.exe    Game removed: AppID 431600 "Automobilista", ProcID 4904
39    51.327922    3428    Steam.exe    No cached sticky mapping in ActivateActionSet.
In most case, error at script loading, or error in initialize() is cause not show all widget.

Is it same with 1.2.0?

Because is java based (and an old version too) on my opinion...is so heavy and unstable and ugly....
In my opinion, probably, dynHUD processes data for delta bar at display refresh rate. As you know refresh rate is quite unstable, as the result, delta bar show jumpy value.

From judging its source code, the biggest issue of dynHUD is chosen Java for making its editor not technical reason.(I guess Java is only language to make GUI for authors) For gaming glue language, Java is too heavy and too rich language.

By the way, The fix I gave you in previous post is working?

By the way, The fix I gave you in previous post is working?
Not at home, I will try it soon!
Btw, even if icons doesn't show the HUD was butter smooth, a pleasure to see it running!

Hey there,

Hi Alex,glad to see you here!I like to see a Reiza guy interested in it,even if in beta stage it is promising (Delta works and I am waiting for pitboard, also check the standings pop up during pits...a masterpiece!)hope we can count on your help too ;)

Last edited:
@kenken Ok changes done as you suggested, icons are there, and elements are better arranged (some errors are still there like Dashboard still over defaul hud) but still no gray background...
20170811192039_1.jpg

@Alex Sawczuk works now? Have you tryed 1.2?

Last edited:
I edited d3d9.dll in d3d9_3.dll and I edited that into the evohud.ini, and I also like Alex followed the provided install instructions but Hud disappered!
A noob question, can't you compile .dll file as d3d9_3.dll (or with other name, this is just an example) from the beginning?
By this way we can preserve SweetFx as suggested by Alex.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back