• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Evo - Blending textures

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Chris Mackenzie, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Chris Mackenzie

Chris Mackenzie

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys....my list of questions just goes on and on....

I remember seeing in one of Piddy's videos that you can blend two textures in the materials edit area......however BTB EVO doesnt seem to have this option available...

video link - area of interest in the last minute or so....
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Piddy555#p/u/9/kT_kDb7Pj_Q

Is this something that has been removed from BTB EVO? or have I missed a setting somewhere?

Be interested to know other ways to go about "blending" of textures...
    Cheers, and sorry for all the ?'s
    Kiwidemon

2. R Soul

R Soul

Ratings:
    +190
    Just a guess, but it could be that the EVO itself doesn't support blending, so there was no need for that feature in BTB.

If that's the case, you could make a texture with the transition drawn onto it, and then apply it to a separate track or a wall. See this example for how I intend to make gravel traps (when I finally get round to that phase..)

3. Chris Mackenzie

Chris Mackenzie

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup - read and you shall find eh! Seems that evo doesnt support the "blending" :frown:

That texture looks great - any chance youll be releasing it/them in an xpack at any stage???

Kiwidemon

4. R Soul

R Soul

Ratings:
    +190
    I hadn't given that much thought. If you go to cgtextures.com and search for 'gravel', the first result is what I used. Likewise if you search for 'grass'. For making the blended texture I used GIMP, which is free and very powerful.