EVERYTHING OCULUS VR

I was a doubter, VR no way, who wants to sit with something on your head you look really silly! well, after buying a new pc last week and one of my gaming buddies going on about how brilliant vr is....................... I went and ****in bought one. Spur of the moment cheap brand new off ebay. Well I can't believe it I mean it's so hard to describe but it is the most amazing fantastic awesome thrilling experience I've ever had in sim racing. Words just can't explain it. Pcars Nordschleiffe in a Caterham was like well I mean.............. It's taken a few days to get used to it and I'm now in debt but fook it, this is what I've been waiting 38 years for. OMG and any other things lol. Yes it has a few problems which I'm sure will get sorted but if you're sitting on the fence then all I can say is do it!

Depth is better in pcars than in AC. As I said things could be better:) in AC atleast.
And I think my 3d monitor shows better depth, (but there's ofcourse other weak points there)
If AC had a setting for depth everyone could finetune it to their preferred settings

Last edited:
Upvote 0
3d monitors you have reference points from real life to compare with so the effect get More dramatic but in vr its just how you see it irl except for the screendoor effect. Hardly ever run pcars havent really noticed that.

Upvote 0
I dont have it in ac. Wonder if you got a bug with ac. I had one bug with the rift only. Vive was fine. I would get distortion of the image when looking around. Like if you where wearing the glasses the other way around. It somehow fixed itself though

Upvote 0
I've experienced lag before but not in driving games.

Really enjoying project cars in vr at the moment. For serious sim racing I think flat screen would be better as I sometimes do get sim sickness. The back mono on the ring is amazing :)

Upvote 0
So I got my Rift. First impressions are good, the immersion is great. I do have a dodgy hdmi connection on it though which is frustrating. Oculus are looking into it. If anyone has some tips on how to get the best res in assetto Corsa that would be helpful. I have a Nvidia 1080.
HiSamuel go to documents/AC/cfg/oculus/change pixels to 1.5 or up to 2.0 if you have gtx1080 i use 1.7 for gtx1070 useing 2.0 should double your PIXELS and help with the res.. also turn OFF post processing in A/C THIS HELPS A LOT TO MAINTAIN 90 FPS and use 16X and 4x aa hope this helps

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back