EVERYTHING OCULUS VR

I was a doubter, VR no way, who wants to sit with something on your head you look really silly! well, after buying a new pc last week and one of my gaming buddies going on about how brilliant vr is....................... I went and ****in bought one. Spur of the moment cheap brand new off ebay. Well I can't believe it I mean it's so hard to describe but it is the most amazing fantastic awesome thrilling experience I've ever had in sim racing. Words just can't explain it. Pcars Nordschleiffe in a Caterham was like well I mean.............. It's taken a few days to get used to it and I'm now in debt but fook it, this is what I've been waiting 38 years for. OMG and any other things lol. Yes it has a few problems which I'm sure will get sorted but if you're sitting on the fence then all I can say is do it!

Evening all, I was wondering if anyone else using the rift cv1 had experienced my issue, or anything similar. Basically if i attempt to start a race, or it seems enter an online lobby with 6 opponents or more in the rift, it just wont start. With a race the set up screens appear but instantly flash away, leaving me with no way to start a race, or set the car up. Online i basically get plonked in someone else's car and watch them drive around!! I was thinking it might be a processor too busy issue, but on a 5 car grid i'm only using 54%. I have just tried a complete re install of the game, but still the issue persists. Any ideas greatly received, a solution even greater so!! lol

Upvote 0
Which simulation? If it´s Assetto Corsa if you for some reason find a hotkey to get in another ones car it´s very hard to find your way back. You have to have that car pass your car so you can see your hud :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. Oops. Slightly important piece of information, yes it's in assetto corsa. I'm baffled at the minute. I used to run full grids in the dk2 with the abaarth for example, now as soon as I pick 6 opponents or above I lose the set up car screen once the cars/track load up.

Upvote 0
Thanks to those that replied, it seems i have been a victim of "car jumping". For whatever reason once there are 6 opponents or more, i jump to another car on the grid. A quick press of ctrl+2 and im back into my car!! :D:D Life once again has meaning! lol

Upvote 0
hmm will try that next time I am online! I have had the problem that when in VR I jump to another car I can´t find the way back :). My only issue is the unsolvable cockpits warping a bit when looking around with the rift in Assetto Corsa only. Still looking to see if somebody else got the same issue. If you have nothing to compare with it may seem okay but normally they shouldn´t warp at all when looking around :)

Upvote 0
So I got my Rift. First impressions are good, the immersion is great. I do have a dodgy hdmi connection on it though which is frustrating. Oculus are looking into it. If anyone has some tips on how to get the best res in assetto Corsa that would be helpful. I have a Nvidia 1080.

Upvote 0
So I got my Rift. First impressions are good, the immersion is great. I do have a dodgy hdmi connection on it though which is frustrating. Oculus are looking into it. If anyone has some tips on how to get the best res in assetto Corsa that would be helpful. I have a Nvidia 1080.
If you're not looking hard, can you still see the pixelation?

Do you feel that you are essentially "in the car"? etc. looking into the corners as you turn, greater sense of speed.

Upvote 0
Do you feel that you are essentially "in the car"? etc. looking into the corners as you turn, greater sense of speed.
Feels like being in a car:)
But in Assetto Corsa oculus support is at "early support" stage and some small things here and there exist.
For me biggest is the lack of the sense of speed/depth. Shouldn't be a big deal to tune but nothing has happened.
Well some people are fine with it atm but IMO things could be better.

Upvote 0
Depth perception is stellar. Sense of speed you really need your 90 fps in VR. The lack of fov do hurt the speed sensation a bit of course and you don´t run a fisheye fov which you can use to increase the speed sensation on monitors. If you don´t mind the distortion :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back