Every been in a car crash?

I ran away from the police when i was 16 on my Honda Camino moped. It was 'upgraded' with a 65cc and a Proma exhaust. When i was hauling down the road i didn't notice a police car parked behind a truck. I panicked because of all the illigal parts on my moped and because i didn't had insurance either. So i opened up the throttle and went for the escape. It lasted for about 2 miles with lights and sirens behind me. Did some very dangerous and stupid maneuvers which could have killed me. Just before my escape i hit the curb at way too high speed and went flying. Broke 2 ribs, broke my shoulder, broke my collarbone and had a concussion. When i got home my dad beat the living daylight out of me. I was fined 2500€ which my parents had to pay since i was still a minor.

So just curious what hurt more your father beating you or the injuries caused by your crash? lol!

I've had 2.

I used to drive like a maniac in my work van, but when my wife got pregnant with our first child I changed my way of thinking and slowed down.

Ironically a matter of weeks b4 our daughter was born I had my first crash in 6 years of driving!! I was driving between deliveries in my Peugeot Boxer van in damp conditions. I went round a corner I'd driven through loads of times b4 that lead up to a single file bridge. As I came out of the corner at about 50mph a car was tanking it off the bridge in the middle of the road. I lifted off and touched the brakes and the back of my van stepped out and I couldn't catch the slide!!! I spun across the road missing the other car and then missing a car parked in the layby. Wiped out a few road signs on route to smashing sideways into the bridge. The van quite literally bounced back into the road and landed broadside across the exit of the bridge. Fortunately the oncoming traffic was able to stop on the bridge, so I didn't hit any other cars. I started the van up and limped into the layby and everyone drove off!!! Only person to come and check on me and see what happened was a fisherman who had the shock of his life as he was under the bridge and heard a big bang and saw bits of van, wall and road signs flying into the river!! I had totally bent my van so bad it was creased all the way down the middle and it was a right-off. Other than some bruising I was ok, but the smack across the face my pregnant wife gave me hurt a lot more!!!

The 2nd one was a couple of years later and shook me up quite a bit. I was driving a 7.5 tonne lorry back from doing deliveries in Plymouth. I was 3 hours into my return journey when an impatient driver overtook me on a roundabout. As I went around a bend at about 40mph the car that had passed me had slammed it's anchors on!! I hit the brakes, but my rather dated Mercedes Vario lorry wasn't fitted with ABS and I locked up. I tried turning into the hedges by the road, but not enough to avoid hitting the Vauxhall Astra estate. I remember watching his rear window pop out in one piece and then dis-intergrate across my windscreen. My lorry rolled to a stop in the hedges inbetween 2 lamp posts. I watched the Astra roll to a stop and I jumped out and ran down to it. When I got to it I was surprised to see the front end was also totalled!!! What I hadn't seen was a Renault Clio had stopped to turn into a little driveway and I had hit the Astra so hard that it shoved the Clio who's wheels were turned towards the drive and launched the little car straight up the driveway!!

That one taught me a lesson about being prepared for the unexpected and I'm glad to say that having driven many thousands of personal and work miles since I've not come close to repeating past mistakes.

Had one not too long ago.

Was driving on the highway during evening, it was dark outside, and it rained like hell.
It was a 2-lane highway and for some reason they had put up no signs whatsoever that the left lane would end a couple of hundred meters ahead. They had just set up cones closing it off which was weird.

anyway me an my friend are joking etc in the car and as we go round a turn we see that our lane is at a dead stop.
I quickly hit the brakes, locked them, eased off, locked again, eased off locked again, it was very slippery and i did not have much time to stop the car at all.

I managed to stop the car and had maybe one centimeter to the car ahead. I doubt i could put my finger between the cars :)
So we look at each other being very impressed that i actually managed to stop the car then BOOM.

The guy behind in his truck had not managed to stop his car so he hit us, we sent that energy right through to the other car and sent them away a bit.
We all stopped at the next exit road and got all the details etc.

My mom had bought the car for 8.000SEK and the insurance company said they had to destroy the car but we would get 23.000SEK for it so she said sure :) Just doubled her money which was great.

Now she has a Toyota Yaris, the crashed car was a VW Golf MK3 i believe.

The reason you are alive is because the universe is trying to send you a message :)

Racing hard on the streets is just dumb, better to turn it down a notch so you have some room for mistakes or go to the nearest racetrack.
I never thought i would say that actually but looking at the crash i would say you are very lucky to be alive Ivan.

I have call from one team here to drive at regional cup hillclimb in E1 2000 class for this season at one or two race, but I will thinking about that, E1 is so fast for start. And we have big hillclimb championship in Montenegro.

Then get a bloody roll cage mate :)

I´m sure you want to do hillclimb later in life as well and not sit in a wheel chair paralyzed and drooling like a vegetable watching Jerry Springer on the hospital Tele :)
If I build next street racing car, that car will have roll cage, now I know need that... But now I think after 10 years and 4 or 5 build street racing cars it is end. Now I ride my BMW convertible, my car for fun, and I enjoying every km.

31032011006.jpg

Oh man! i could just imagine the look on the people's faces that live in the apts facing the hill :eek: :D.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back