European Truck Sim 2 - Open Beta 1.25 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ETS2 DAF XF.jpg

SCS Software have pushed live a new open beta update for European Truck Simulator 2, bringing the title to version 1.25 and adding several new features and even an updated truck!

Work is currently underway on both ETS 2 and American Truck Simulator by the busy Czech team, as version 1.25 of European Truck Simulator arrives hot on the heels of the recent minor update to its American counterpart. SCS have employed the tactic of aligning update releases to both games at similar times to minimise the potential for duplicate technical issues to appear in either game.

From SCS Softwares blog posting:

"Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator use the same game engine, so they share the fruits of our labour when we add any new features to the source code. Their common ground allows us to, at least in part, test technical updates for both games during the beta stage of just one of the titles. In fact it has actually proven better to streamline our bug fixing process to start the open beta for ETS2 a few days before ATS or vice versa as it really cuts down on the number of duplicated bug reports.
The cool thing about this process is when we release the open beta for the second game, we can be reasonably certain that any issue that is reported is local to that game and doesn't need to be double-checked, or double-fixed, in the first."

The Open Beta 1.25 update change log for European Truck Simulator 2 can be seen below:
  • Completely revamped DAF XF - This is not just 50keda's mod you can already find online - we've reworked it and improved the model in many areas, increased the detail of textures, and remodeled quite a few of the parts.
  • Custom steering wheel position - You'll be allowed to adjust the tilt of the steering wheel column or telescope it so you can create your perfect driving position.
  • Trailer selection - When you pick up a new job the game will now give you a chance to change the trailer look (or the trailer itself) if it finds that there are alternate trailer styles or textures available for the given cargo. Even better, it works with modded trailers as well (see below video)

New trailer selection in ETS2 and ATS

CODE
  • Cruise control is not disabled by the throttle anymore.
  • Interior camera zoom - You can bind the key for zoom in Options → Key and buttons → Camera controls → Zoom interior camera.
  • Option to set preferred job length generation in options.
  • Option to set split shifting input.
  • More unit display options (volume, consumption).
DATA
  • Steering wheels are now a separate model with a default and exclusive version for each truck
  • Low air warning sound added.
MODDING
  • Separated map_data.sii from game_data.sii
  • Look_presets_defaults[] in interior camera
  • Change trailer looks to paint jobs.

The open beta for ETS2 can be found in the public_beta branch on Steam.
(Steam client → LIBRARY → right click on Euro Truck Simulator 2 → Properties → Betas tab → public_beta - 1.25 public beta). No password is required.

ETS 2 Open Beta Update 1.25.jpg

Check out the ETS2 and ATS sub forums here at RaceDepartment for more news and discussions regarding these two truck driving simulators from SCS Software. The ATS forum contains a number of high quality mods for the sim, from add on maps to new vehicles and paint schemes. Check out the forum today.

Have you tried the new open beta update? Still enjoying ETS2 or prefer the newer American Truck Simulator title? Drop us a line in the comments section below!

cool!, I wonder when the Bus expension is coming though, that's something I would really like to see ?
as well as perhaps VANs or smaller trucks ( but that might never happen?)

would be cool to start your company with VAN or small truck, before moving to big rig :)

Maybe they could give some "oomph" to their Euro Coach Sim development with the recent release of Fernbus Sim.

I've always craved for rigid trucks ever since I started playing ETS, they would be believable to start off with. That along with the ability to buy personal trailers like that in the 18 Wheels of Steel series (also made by SCS). There's just so much stuff that I want from this game right now and I could wait forever for them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back