European Truck Sim 2 - La Rochelle Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ETS 2 - La Rochelle 1.jpg

Following the Steam Early Access release of American Truck Simulator, many could be forgiven for thinking SCS Software would wind down updates for the popular European Truck Simulator title. SCS have proven the naysayers wrong with the announcement of a new French DLC map and the latest screenshots indicate the new DLC could be the most detailed release for the game so far.

SCS have today released four new images from the upcoming France DLC, showing off the stunning attention to detail given to produce scenery for the small La Rochelle village within the France DLC map.

ETS 2 - La Rochelle 3.jpg

The French update will be the first DLC map release for ETS since SCS Software released American Truck Simulator to Steam Early Access. It is reassuring to know the studio are still supporting this title with new content as ETS2 has become something of a fan favourite over time and offers a different visual experience to its American counterpart.

While work is currently ongoing to update and increase the scale of American Truck Simulator, at least big riggin' fans can look forward to some new content to pass the time with in ETS2.

Check out our European Truck Simulator 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We have a selection of mods to download, latest news stories and of course many discussion threads from fans of the series. If trucking is your thing, don't forget to take a look at our American Truck Simulator forum too!

ETS 2 - La Rochelle 4.jpg ETS 2 - La Rochelle 2.jpg

Do you still play European Truck Simulator 2? Are you looking forward to the new France DLC? Do you prefer ETS2 or American Truck Simulator? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Great news ... after hot and fast laps in a racing sim there seems to be nothing better then doing some nice trucking around Europe or within the States, tuning in a favorite internet radio station within the game and ETS/ATS gets me into a very chilled mood soon - plus: ETS is constantly getting better - I love it :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 223075

• ronniej

In regards to which of the two I prefer, ETS 2 is the one I will stick with as it has had more time in development with tons of content. Imo, ATS is very close as far as gameplay is concerned so there's that as well. Well, I guess I'll start downloading.

btw, I read this about the latest American truck simulator work in progress =>
"Upping the map scale from 1:35 to 1:20, meaning 75% longer roads outside the cities"...
And I wonder if they'll try to do the same in Euro Truck Simulator 2...which needs it, I think.:rolleyes:

ETS2 already has the larger map scale. Not sure why they went with the smaller scale for ATS in the first place as driving right across the map in such a short time spoils it for me.

Find myself going back to ETS2 with Promods more lately. Really like the completely different countryside and signage driving from southern Europe right up to the Artic Circle and there's more good stuff to come in the next Promods release apparently.

There is nothing stopping you driving around in a free roam mode you just wont get the XP you need to level-up and get better trucks and gear.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back