Euro Truck Simulator 2: Now Available on Steam

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
In the fall of 2012 SCS Software entered the Steam Greenlight programme to try and have their PC game Euro Truck Simulator 2 on Valve's Steam. Several months later the trucking community can now congratulate itself as ETS2 is now officially available on the largest online game distribution platform in the world after receiving thousands of votes in favor of the simulation. A remarkable achievement for the small developer from the Czech Republic.

SCS Software commented on their popular blog:

"We got word from Valve that finally, Euro Truck Simulator 2 should appear on Steam Store today. It has taken many more weeks than we hoped, but finally we have managed to push the game through the system and get it ready for release. Unless they bump into some last-minute show-stopping problem, this page should be on Steam tomorrow:
Product Keys (also known as CD-Keys) issued for ETS2 should allow for activating the game on Steam as well. No key-gen trickery will work though - this is a topic which will be addressed by the next non-Steam patch, too.

The first version of the game to appear on Steam will be equivalent to 1.2.5 which has been out there for a long time. We are working on several improvements and new features for the game, but they will only appear in the next update - When It's Done."

You can purchase Euro Truck Simulator 2 on Steam here

For more information, mods, paints and other community related items you can visit our ETS2 forums dedicated to the 3rd place finisher in the annual RaceDepartment Race Game of the Year Awards.
View the Post on the Blog

Josh stop trolling around. If you wish to be a member here purchase your games just like everybody else or go to some underground site and race with other pirates.

Edit: ninja above

Its ok because I am leaving the racdepartment forums forever. I feel like I am not welcome here and I am going to leave. I am going to finish my f1 2012 racing league season and then I am going to join a differant racing league. At least now you guys can't make me feel not welcomed. Thanks for making me lose most of my friends that I had made on here.

Don't forget to tell everybody how bad people we are that we actually buy the games we play.

Instead you could also have a look in the mirror and try to see the genuine points Tom made (like ten times now).

But well, see ya

I can't even reapply for a new license, so if I am not going to be able to be license then I don't need to be on this forums. I even had some youtube videos that I have recorded that I was going to upload saying how professional you guys are but I am just going to delete those. Thanks to you guys I have 8 more hours of recording to do to make up the videos that my subscribers arn't going to be able to watch now. bye

I can't even reapply for a new license, so if I am not going to be able to be license then I don't need to be on this forums. I even had some youtube videos that I have recorded that I was going to upload saying how professional you guys are but I am just going to delete those. Thanks to you guys I have 8 more hours of recording to do to make up the videos that my subscribers arn't going to be able to watch now. bye
Yep, you can't. We would've never taken away if you'd have just accepted that piracy is a bad thing to do. We are indeed professional and that's why we had to take action in order to avoid having someone actively promoting piracy as a good thing amongst us.
Its ok because I am leaving the racdepartment forums forever. I feel like I am not welcome here and I am going to leave. I am going to finish my f1 2012 racing league season and then I am going to join a differant racing league. At least now you guys can't make me feel not welcomed. Thanks for making me lose most of my friends that I had made on here.
That's not just a feeling, you are not welcome on here - nobody using pirated software is welcome on here. Go McLaren.

I bought ETS2 from the official web site, what's the matter if I register it to steam? is there some advantage I don't know?
As far as playing the game goes, no.

But if you have it on Steam, it's tied to your Steam account, and you can download it as many times, and on as many computers you like. Updates are applied automatically. There are play time statistics, forums, media. I enjoy it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 111 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 84 9.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 116 13.5%