1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU - Porsche SuperCup @ Dubay 04 - Sunday November 27th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Marco Bijl, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM PSC
    Car: Porsche SuperCup (click here to download)
    Track: Dubay 04 (click here to download)
    Weather: Changeable
    Games: Race07 Only
    Special requirements: 1 pitstop is mandatory (at least 2 tires needs to be changed)

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:50 GMT: Warmup
    21:00 GMT: Race (50 min)

Server and teamspeak password: click here
    We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically. Click the banner below to log in to TS3.

[​IMG]

Entrylist:
    To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
    1. Jari Aikio
    2. Stepan Senyuk
    3. Gabriel Savu
    4. Ralf Wassermann
    5. Wayne Hammond
    6. Ray Lilley
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
    Update: #9

2. Im in :)

3. NOT A SIGN UP I AM UNABLE TO ATTEND.

This is an important message to all reading.

The RD racing club used to be a very busy place with many events full, it then went through a quiet patch. Thanks to the hard work and dedication of the racing staff events like the one in this thread are seeing it come back to where it should be.

To continue this and get our club back to where it was can not all lie in the hands of the staff, we as members need to take some responsibility too. I'm not talking donations, (although if you have a little spare don't forget that's how RD finance their servers). I am talking about the rules we all agreed to when we became licenced members at RD. Now there's quite a lot in there and basically its saying drive clean, drive fair, and respect and treat others as in game and on the forums in the way you would like to be treated and respected yourself. Simple really.

What I would like to do is point out a few things that I have seen that from experience I know undermine the success of the club.

1. Sign ups. If you sign up please make sure you attend. Club events with 25 clean, fair drivers screaming into (and hopefully out of!) the first bend are awesome! So get signing up, but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE only sign up if you are definitely going to attend, each no show is a server slot that someone else would probably have really appreciated.
    2. On track etiquette - you cause someone's off you wait, but don't just stop and block others who are racing, I see people not waiting at all and I see some wait in the middle of the racing line, waiting is a key rule, doing it without causing problems for yet more drivers should be common sense .
    3. Cutting - two wheels between the white lines is the rule you agreed to. So what if the game ignores you constantly cutting a corner, is that really a good enough reason to go all noob in a club event? So what if other's cut, does that mean your gonna lower your standard's too? Its up to us all to set the standard's, and not be led sheep like into breaking the rules simply because someone else can't set a decent lap time without going out of track boundaries.

There essay, rant and your lesson for today over !

See you on track!

• Like Like x 4
  4. sign me up, please

5. I'll take a spot on the grid.

6. sign me up, please

7. Wayne Hammond

Wayne Hammond
    Daisychainsaw

I need the practice, so i am in.

8. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Both Porsche and track links have been updated. I used a temp location on Megaupload for now, until we have a new feauture to make downloads available.

9. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Server is up! :)
    Tomorrow the weather forecast will be posted. As it seems for now, there is a reasonable chance that the wets may have to be used, so make sure to get some practice on them as well!

10. Sign me up, please.

11. Wayne Hammond

Wayne Hammond
    Daisychainsaw

Sign me out please, forgot i had pre quali on RDGTC S5 tonight, thanks.

12. Norman, where are youuuuu?

13. Arunas

Arunas
    "Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

I'm in

14. Norman Biscuits

Norman Biscuits
    @ Simberia @Simberia

:D

had to pre-qually for RDGTC dude!

15. Friends, I am very tired all day, making mistakes, and therefore out of control .. Sorry.

16. I don't know why but, I enjoy driving the Porsche at these events. I never feel like the car is in control.

Quali: 6/6 R: P2

Poor numbers dampened my spirits a little. I ran for 2 hours last night with full tanks and made a time of 2.05.xxx. I did another 20 -ish laps tonight in the same setup and when it came to Qualifying and a near empty tank I couldn't keep the beast on the road.

Plan was for a stop mid race, lap 12, for the compulsory 2 tyre stop. Knowing it may rain (In Dubai??) I created a Wet Tyre preselection only, I did not actually click the tyres. When the rain came 2 laps earlier than the plan I brought up the pit menu to notice my mistake and as in previous races I find myself farting about with the menu list in race. So focused in what I am trying to do, at times I did not know what part of the track I was on.

So, after tapping my way through the listing and setting up for 4 wet tyres and hitting 'Pit In' I waited for my planned pit window. After, 2 laps I thought the rain was not so bad and decided to just get 2 front slicks, anyway. Duh!

The second half of the race was not too wet but the rain did cause it's problems. Some corners were fine, others a little greasy. It wasn't a comfortable second half to the race but it was the rain, I believe, that got me the 2nd place slot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.