1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU - GT Sport @ Sepang - Tuesday November 22nd 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Péter Bártfai, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Car: GT Sport
    Track: Sepang (download here)
    Weather: Dry
    Games: GTR Evolution

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:50 GMT: Warmup
    21:00 GMT: Race (50 minutes + mandatory pitstop, at least 2 tires need to be changed)

Server and teamspeak password: click here
    We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically. Click the banner below to log in to TS3.

To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
    1. Norman Biscuits
    2. Dennis Phelan
    3. Bob Miley
    4. Driver
    5. Driver
    6. Driver
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
  2. Norman Biscuits

Norman Biscuits
    @ Simberia @Simberia

me please :)
  3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

4. I would like to sign up for this, Sepang is nice in any car. Just noticed the mandatory pit, please put me as a maybe, I don't usually do these.

Why a mandatory pitstop? If you want to add strategy why not just increase the race to 60 mins then it would be touch and go whether or not pitting would work and make it very interesting. With a mandatory pitstop if you get damaged before the window your race is over as you still need to pit in the window.
  5. The idea behind this format was to reduce the difference between drivers who can drive on basically "destroyed" tires and those who can't. The time difference between pitting and not pitting is huge.

I understand what you say about getting damaged at the beginning of the race, but keep in mind that it can destroy your race in another formats too. If you can finish the race without a pitstop from then, there'll be probably others who can do the whole race without a pitstop. If not, you need to stop once again anyways.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.