ETA on release for 1.20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's been 2 months now since 1.15 was released, and we've seen a trickling of news on the contents of 1.20. I'm pretty much chomping at the bit to get my hands on the Formula Extremes and the 80's stock cars. The original post said a series of updates would be happening over the "next 2-3 months" so I was just curious A) if there's an updated "target" release date for 1.20 (even if it's a window, some information is better than no information) and B) if all the content in the March 27 post was going to be in the next update, or if it's just the FE & FVee's.

@Reiza Studios - it'd be great if you could give us some more info soon!!

I just found your party here and I'm quite impressed. Honestly, I don't know where you guys(Reiza) have been my whole life but I'm sure glad I found you. I own all the racing sims except rf and ir. I've never been more exited to run a sim as I am yours and maybe for ac. Those are my two favs right now. Simbin is up in the air right now.

It´s understandable. Maybe it would help if we clarified the reasons for these v1.20 delays.

As you probably know, along with all the new content we´re also developing several new functionalities for GSCE - these involve some heavy-duty coding, and that side of things is concentrated on the hands of one very special guy. Unfortunately this very special guy has had a serious run of bad luck over the last 2-3 months, which have meant we have been effectively 2 weeks worth of coding work away from having all the necessary v1.20 functionalities in beta state throughout this time. This predicament has not only kept us stuck during this time, but also prevented us from making any realistic prediction as to when we´d effectively be done.

The good news is that "the man" has been back in full force so we´re effectively running through those remaining 2 weeks of development since last week, and everything is pretty far along now.

We fully understand the anxiety - rest assured no one more anxious to get this out than ourselves :)

Thanks for the update, guys. I'm sorry to hear about your coder's bad luck, but glad he's been able to get through it, it seems. :)

give us a donate link so we can help with development :)

Yup, Reiza points the way, I'm totally donating.

Yesterday, i have send a pm to Reiza about problems that i have with ffb and i also ask them about the release of 1.20 this is our conversation :

Hi Reiza,

Just have few questions...In the update 1.20 , will we able to see the upgrades section in the menu when you choose a car ? Also the 1.20 will be released this week ? Have you fix the ffb in the 1.20?

Thanks and good day ;)
///////////////////////////////
Hello Samuel,

1- We don´t have an upgrades section as none of our cars require it. No plans to include one at the moment;

2- Possibly, not surely; most likely next week;

3- What FBB issue you refer to?

its good if its next week ;)

I have the DFGT and simvibe and it seems I get the most detailed and most enjoyable ffb in GSCE of all the sims I run. So it may not be rated as the best but keep workin on it, I think you'll be surprised.

I don't get the love for RBR in regards to FFB. It feels ok to me, but certainly nothing oustanding. I know the game has a huge following for its rally physics though.

Diversity, feel and functionality. Correctly set up on a CSW, you would swear there is a steering column with mechanical linkages.
So much so I add dampening to bring back the realism, otherwise its so "connected" it feels like a RL open wheeler.

Technically, the winner I suppose would have to be Rfactor 2.

Overall realism of slick tyres would be GSCE.

Depending on what equipment and aspect you look at, any one of these 3 could be number 1, but if the question is "whats the best overall FFB experience" I would probably stick to my original rating.

Have used GSCE for a few months only, as well as AC,so I'm not an expert in sims. I'm confused by the right FFB (per realfeel.ini in GSCE that come with some mods) and the FFB in AC as they somewhat feel different in both sims (ex. Mclaren mp412c-gt3 in nurburgring gt or silverstone, feels quite slippery in GSCE). How should I manage the different realfeel.ini files? Do I keep changing it per car I drive?

Diversity, feel and functionality. Correctly set up on a CSW, you would swear there is a steering column with mechanical linkages.
So much so I add dampening to bring back the realism, otherwise its so "connected" it feels like a RL open wheeler.

Technically, the winner I suppose would have to be Rfactor 2.

Overall realism of slick tyres would be GSCE.

Depending on what equipment and aspect you look at, any one of these 3 could be number 1, but if the question is "whats the best overall FFB experience" I would probably stick to my original rating.

Fair enough, RBR is not in my top 3 though. For me it would be rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa, GSCE and iRacing pulling up close in 4th.

Yeah it's a personal thing I expect, AC may not be in my list, but it feels realistic enough, so I can see that.
Iracing (fan of the service) well down the order, tho due to the slippery Nascar 2003 feel of the whole thing, what's there is modelled ok.

Technically Rfactor 2 is the winner so agreed there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline