1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Tracks ESTORIL GP 2003 2.0

Track for GSC EXTREME

1. AlfredoR submitted a new resource:

ESTORIL GP 2003 - track for GSC ETREME

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

Simply top!!!

3. Finally:sneaky:

4. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

great track, nice work, love the low flying chopper.

5. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

my Racing line looks like the below pic... has something gone wrong the rest of the track is beautiful but racing line looks very bad.

[​IMG]

6. I think thats how its supposed to look. Im assuming you are talking about the tire marks directly in front of the car.

7. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

Yep, that's what im referring too, the rest of the tarmac is so nicely done seems a shame to use the old rfactor race line look, i was wondering if something went wrong on my install seeing as the tracks creator was able to implement GSCE tarmac texture.

Looking at the screenshots they appear to show the racing line as per below.?

i thinking it should look like this....[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  8. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

@AlfredoR ??
    has my track not installed properly ?

9. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

its all ok now.. DON'T PANIC... i have sorted myself.
    there must be something in a commonmaps.mas in the main locations folder must have been overwriting your better racegroove texture so I reinstalled commonmaps from a default install and all OK now looks a lot better. so one of many mods i have on at some stage must have over written the better commonmaps at some stage on on install.... the perils of just straight rFactor conversions i guess... i ended up with crap rFactor racegroove texture in there.

10. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

Sure it was your racegroove because there is a new racegroove for this track ;-)

11. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

yes it was the racegroove. As i didn't have a nice looking racegroove into & out of the corners as per the standard tracks. (refer to my 1st pic, it was using some old rfactor texture for the racegroove / racing line... whatever you want to call it)

I don't know anything about track building but i think there must be some sort of hierarchy for textures, as i installed this track into a clean install and the result was the track had a nice looking racegroove as per standard GSCE tracks. so upon comparinf differences between a clean install and my install with all mods and extra tracks ect the first thing i noticed was a different size in the file called commonmaps.mas

So i copied the clean install common maps into the install that had the old texture being used and after doing so the track had the better looking racegroove.

it now looks like this
    [​IMG]

So what i have learnt is that copying in a commonmaps.mas file that comes from rFactor converted tracks/mods may well be ruining textures on new tracks.

think twice people before allowing files to be overwritten from old track conversions....