Esotic's Just for Chat

Apps Esotic's Just for Chat V1.14

Login or Register an account to download this content
Since you were so fast on that fix for AI line helper, I thought I would bug you again for an update to this app too, to get the text to fade out like Kunos chat does. I like to play in immersion mode with no apps to be seen, but it would be nice if I could still see the chat if someone wrote in it. Also if the chat filter could be made configurable so I can add more stuff to the filter as I come across more apps that spams, that would be really nice!

Esotic updated Esotic's Just for Chat with a new update entry:

now supports fading to mostly transparent on inactivity

@Scarystuff please note the new INI entry

;fadeOnInactivity default is 0. Set to 1 to have the chat window fade out when no-one has sent a message recently.

You may want to copy only the JustForChat.py file and not the whole zip contents if you have customized the message in your INI. The code will add the new fadeOnInactivity INI entry if it does not exist (which it won't the first time).

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for adding the fadeout, it seems to work. Except the faded out text is still there, just invisible, but if the chat window is over another app, you can still see the invisible text. I guess that is a limitation in the game. I was wondering if each line of text could have its own fadeout time so the oldest lines will be more faded out, instead of making all lines completely visible every time someone writes in chat again?

Also I just changed my messages for Bang and now Bang will not show up. I can't see any error in my fomatting though.

[SETTINGS]
appwidth = 700
appheight = 400
hideicon = 1
rowcount = 0
backgroundopacity = 0.0
appscaling = 1.0
fontsize = 15.5
adminpassword = qwerty
justadmin = 0
fadeoninactivity = 1

[MESSAGES]
message1 = 25|Hi|Hello, Bonjour, Guten tag, Ciao, Salut, Hej
message2 = 30|Bye|Goodbye, auf wiedersehen, arrivederci, au revoir, adiós
message3 = 30|Yes|Yes, Affirmative, Agree
message4 = 25|No|No, Negative, Disagree
message5 = 30|Thx|Thanks
message6 = 25|NP|No problem
message7 = 25|GL|Good Luck, Have Fun and drive safe through first turn.
message8 = 25|GR|Good race
message9 = 80|Lights OFF|Turn lights off, so we can see brakes more clearly, please.
message10 = 40|Spam|No spam apps in chat, please!
message11 = 80|BLUE FLAG|Respect BLUE FLAG, please!
message12 = 35|Kids|Did you know you can practice in single player against AI to learn to drive?
message13 = 40|Idiot|Please open your eyes when driving with other people.
message14 = 35|Mate|Hey mate(s)
message15 = 40|Sorry|Sorry mate, my bad! :-(
message16 = 40|Toast|My car is toast
message17 = 30|B2P|I have to go back to pit..
message18 = 25|SR| Join the SimRacing discord at Discord.me/simracing
message19 = 25|VR|I am in VR so I use Just For Chat to type predefined messages.
message20 = 45|/help|/help
Can you see any error?
Another thing. When using a smaller width in the chat window, the text will just continue past the border of the window instead of wrapping onto next line.

Hey Esotic
Your apps are great, I got almost every app installed, but one thing that bothers me a while is an app for open the ESC menu in game by wheel, Kunos should implement that, but they are busy making more DLCs.
My problem is that I have to stand up every time and go to my pc if I need to open the menu, because my rig is far away from my PC/Keyboard. It's problematic.
Two things would help, an app to open the ESC menu by mouse (because I got a wireless mouse) or make it fully controllable by wheel.
Is it possible to do the first thing with your chat app?
I really would appreciate such a function!

Last edited:
Hey Esotic
Your apps are great, I got almost every app installed, but one thing that bothers me a while is a app for open a the ESC menu in game by wheel, Kunos should implement that, but they are busy making more DLCs.
My problem is that I have to stand up every time and go to my pc if I need to open the menu, because my rig is far away from my PC/Keyboard. It's problematic.
Two things would help, a app to open the ESC menu by mouse (because I got a wireless mouse) or make it fully controllable by wheel.
Is it possible to do the first thing with your chat app?
I really would appreciate such a function!

Keystroke emulation seems possible, and I think it's already on my ToDo list. :)

I may need to implement rows in the JfC Bang first, as that one line of commands is getting pretty crowded.

Thanks for the update, Esotic! Flattered that you would use my message lines in the app but I hope people read what they say before they commit to using them :) I also learned that the ó in adiós does not work ingame. So I changed it to a normal o. You forgot to include the instructions in the jfc.ini file; better put them back in next update so people know what the lines do:

;Default AppWidth is 700. Change this value to make width larger/smaller.
;Default AppHeight is 400. Change this value to make height larger/smaller.
;HideIcon = 1 hides AC icon, 0 shows it.
;Default RowCount = 0, and app will autocalculate rows. You can force the RowCount setting this to any value greater than 0.
;Default backgroundOpacity is 0.6, but you can set it anywhere from 0.0 (transparent) to 1.0 (fully opaque).
;Default AppScaling is 1.0, but you can set it larger or smaller to better fit your screen size and resolution.
;Default fontSize is 15.5, but you can set it larger or smaller to better fit your screen size and resolution. Changing FontSize may require you to manually change RowCount.
;adminPassword is the password you use to control admin function on your AC online server.
;justAdmin default is 0. Set to 1 to only show admin buttons in JfCBang!
;fadeOnInactivity default is 0. Set to 1 to have the chat window fade out when no-one has sent a message recently.
Also my password was already a generic one, I would never use qwerty as password :D

Esotic updated Esotic's Just for Chat with a new update entry:

JfC Bang! support for 5 rows of buttons and JfC transparency tweaks

JfC Bang now supports rows of buttons:
View attachment 206072

The [MESSAGES] section included in the default INI demonstrates that the message definitions should now contain 4 columns of data.

Code:
[MESSAGES]
message1 = 25|Hi|Hello, Bonjour, Guten tag, Ciao, Salut, Hej|1
message2 = 30|Bye|Goodbye, auf wiedersehen, arrivederci, au revoir, adi�s|1
message3 = 30|Yes|Yes, Affirmative, Agree|1
message4 = 25|No|No, Negative, Disagree|1
message5 = 30|Thx|Thanks|1
message6 = 25|NP|No...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks, nice update. What are the numeric values after the equal sign, 25 in this example?
ex. message1 = 25|Hi|Hello|1

Message length? If so, what's the impact if shorter/longer? Won't the bar just auto-truncate?

Also, which parameter controls fade of the box, just the same as the chat box, 'fadeoninactivity'? Thanks again.

Should have posted this in the update message:
Code:
;[MESSAGES] INI entries should now contain 4 columns: messageN = BUTTON WIDTH|BUTTON TEXT|MESSAGE TEXT|ROW
;ROW can be an integer value from 1 to 5

The code doesn't actually know how wide your button text is, so you have to specify it as the first column of data. This can take a little bit of trial and error to get it right. This probably should be more automatic, but the code isn't quite that fancy yet. ;p

Cheers,

Esotic

Should have posted this in the update message:
Code:
;[MESSAGES] INI entries should now contain 4 columns: messageN = BUTTON WIDTH|BUTTON TEXT|MESSAGE TEXT|ROW
;ROW can be an integer value from 1 to 5

The code doesn't actually know how wide your button text is, so you have to specify it as the first column of data. This can take a little bit of trial and error to get it right. This probably should be more automatic, but the code isn't quite that fancy yet. ;p

Cheers,

Esotic
I see. Just for some ease, what happens if width is smaller or bigger than the button text (ie. will it cut / show spaces)? Thanks again.

The text will be whatever size it is regardless of the size you set for the button, so it's mostly a matter of setting the button text and then adjusting the width of the button so the text fits acceptably well.

Hi again, just checking why I can no longer move the 'jCbang' help box to another position with the mouse? I noticed I can no longer relocate it. I can relocate the message box only.

Hi again, just checking why I can no longer move the 'jCbang' help box to another position with the mouse? I noticed I can no longer relocate it. I can relocate the message box only.
The only reason apps get stuck in place (that I know of) is if you pinned it down using the thumbtack in the upper right corner.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%