Esotic Shift Light

Apps Esotic Shift Light V1.17

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thank you for this app, very well done. It looks great on a monitor, but in VR, the shifter dots and numbers are floating in front of the dash, is there a way to have a setting to push it back so it is flush with the dash?

Thank you for this app, very well done. It looks great on a monitor, but in VR, the shifter dots and numbers are floating in front of the dash, is there a way to have a setting to push it back so it is flush with the dash?
That's a good idea, but I've not seen any way to really position apps in 3D space. I think the resolution you pick for AC (1920x1080, 1280x720, etc) can result in the whole HUD being closer (lower res) or farther away (higher res). DSR will allow for resolutions higher than your monitor.

Hi, thanks for this app, I've used it with Mazda RT24DPi. But I think the shifting learning procedure does not work correctly with it, it suggests around 1000rpm smaller values than the max rpm of the engine is. The engine has kind of 2 peak torque curve which might confuse the algorithm? 1st peak at 6000rpm and then almost flat until ~8400 where the max hp is also and then drops sharply. (looking at the power graph in content manager).

here's what the auto learning gives:
maxrpm = 8561.3
gear1shiftrpm = 7148.8
gear2shiftrpm = 7154.9
gear3shiftrpm = 7396.4
gear4shiftrpm = 7457.4
gear5shiftrpm = 7300.0

and I think the best values are 1000rpm higher.

But, I have not made any scientific testing with it. The gears app flashes red too late (~8500) when there's almost no power anymore.

Hi, thanks for this app, I've used it with Mazda RT24DPi. But I think the shifting learning procedure does not work correctly with it, it suggests around 1000rpm smaller values than the max rpm of the engine is. The engine has kind of 2 peak torque curve which might confuse the algorithm? 1st peak at 6000rpm and then almost flat until ~8400 where the max hp is also and then drops sharply. (looking at the power graph in content manager).

here's what the auto learning gives:
maxrpm = 8561.3
gear1shiftrpm = 7148.8
gear2shiftrpm = 7154.9
gear3shiftrpm = 7396.4
gear4shiftrpm = 7457.4
gear5shiftrpm = 7300.0

and I think the best values are 1000rpm higher.

But, I have not made any scientific testing with it. The gears app flashes red too late (~8500) when there's almost no power anymore.

The AutoLearn feature was my best attempt from my understanding at the time, so don't be afraid to manually adjust those values. If you are really trying to eek out tenths you'll also want to consider your reaction time delay when setting the shift RPMs per gear. In the lower gears you'll probably want a slightly larger gap to the real value you want the shift to take place, as RPMs should be rising faster in the lower gears.

The AutoLearn feature was my best attempt from my understanding at the time, so don't be afraid to manually adjust those values.

Yep, I think the learned values are definitely closer to to the optimal ones than what the gears app suggests based on my so far limited testing. Also the graph on cm's car page was maybe not correct, as when I updated it from the dot menu to use "data and torque/power data" it changed completely. Based on that graph the last/best rpm for change is close to 7600. Also the top speed achieved tells that even the learned and manually tweaked shift rpm's are 10km/h faster compared to gears app suggested shifts.

If I remember I can post the values I ended up using when I settle for something.

Thank you very much for answering! but the app still doesn't work, is it because of CSP 1.80-preview115?
Have you tried turning off the rest of the apps (if there are any)? Sometimes two apps will use conflicting "libraries". If you could report which app is conflicting with the Shift Light I could try to verify and fix the issue.

Hi, great app, It worked perfectly with pre-added car, but unfortunately I can't make running shiftlight properly for a new car. I put the name of the car in settings.ini with all the settings and I can know that app reads car's name properly because it automatically edits car's MaxRPM but all other data entered for the car is ignored by app. It just works with some default data and shows green,yellow and red light for 5500, 7100, 7300. My settings are different of course. It works exactly the same when car's data is not added in settings.ini. I tried to set it up with learning mode as well but it doesn't help. What can be a problem ? Is there any way to change "default" data which is used by app to work when the car is not added ? Thank you in advance

Hi, great app, It worked perfectly with pre-added car, but unfortunately I can't make running shiftlight properly for a new car. I put the name of the car in settings.ini with all the settings and I can know that app reads car's name properly because it automatically edits car's MaxRPM but all other data entered for the car is ignored by app. It just works with some default data and shows green,yellow and red light for 5500, 7100, 7300. My settings are different of course. It works exactly the same when car's data is not added in settings.ini. I tried to set it up with learning mode as well but it doesn't help. What can be a problem ? Is there any way to change "default" data which is used by app to work when the car is not added ? Thank you in advance
Learning mode isn't as helpful as I was hoping, so no need to fiddle with that. When you drive a new car it should add lines to the bottom of the settings.ini. If you adjust the minrpm, warnrpm, and shiftrpm values the app should read those when you start a new session.

[asrl_lola_t70_rf2]
minrpm = 5500.0
warnrpm = 6800.0
shiftrpm = 7000.0
maxgear = 4
maxrpm = 7638.5

Learning mode isn't as helpful as I was hoping, so no need to fiddle with that. When you drive a new car it should add lines to the bottom of the settings.ini. If you adjust the minrpm, warnrpm, and shiftrpm values the app should read those when you start a new session.

[asrl_lola_t70_rf2]
minrpm = 5500.0
warnrpm = 6800.0
shiftrpm = 7000.0
maxgear = 4
maxrpm = 7638.5
Thank you for you answer. I didn't know that you expect app to add a new car automatically so I had done it manually before. Tried your way and it didn't work so I deleted app and installed it again using content manager and it started working properly (as you said) including different level red light for every gear. Thank you. Great app, useful as hell, especially if you can calculate perfect shift points for every car or wants to set the shift points for economy driving during endurance races :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.6%