Esotic Performance Delta App

Apps Esotic Performance Delta App V1.16

Login or Register an account to download this content
Esotic submitted a new resource:

Esotic Performance Delta V1.6 App - add-on performance delta wtih additional features

Updated V1.6 App available here for download http://esotic.com/media/EsoticDeltaV1.6.zip
YouTube Video here:

This is my Performance Delta app that I created after feeling like I could not trust the delta values being provided by AC. It has a few extra features, as well. It is tyre compound aware, so you won't compare a lap on super softs to a lap on mediums. Any better time is shown in green, any time within .25 seconds is...

Read more about this resource...

Hello,
what is your application of rotating tires ??
Thank's

I think you are referring to the "Slip Angle/Tyre Slip" app that shows grip/slip in the corners?

Try this: http://esotic.com/media/SlipAngle_20160213.zip

I'm not sure if that includes all the latest updates or if it will work properly for you, but you can try it out. I'll try to post up a version with the latest changes either this evening or tomorrow when I get a little free time.

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

Ok, this should be a proper V1.0 of the Slip Angle app:
http://esotic.com/media/SlipAngle_V1.0.zip

The vast majority of what makes this app cool was written by someone that posted it up to GitHub. I found it and made some adjustments (after asking for permission) so it was showing the things I was most interested in. As you are braking into the corner (brake pedal greater than 20% application) it will show you Tyre Slip. The tyre slip gets brighter purple as you slip more and more and then red when you're tires are locked up. Anytime the brake is less than 20% applied it will show you slip angle using the following rules:

slip < min_slip starts as black and becomes whiter the closer the value gets to min_slip
min_slip < slip < optimum_slip starts as medium green and becomes bright green
optimum slip < slip < max_slip starts as bright blue and fades to medium blue
max_slip < slip is bright red

"Graphically" this would look like

0 ------------- 3 | 3 --------------------------- 6.5 | 6.5 --------------------- 10 | 10 +
black to white | med green to bright green | bright blue to med blue | bright red

Generally you want to keep the slip angle in the bright green/bright blue range when taking a turn. I can't really look at this app while driving, so I mostly reference it when reviewing recorded footage (like from fraps, shadowplay, D3D Gear, etc). While driving I do notice which tires are slipping more (over/understeer) and definitely when I've gone over the line and it turns red.

These values are currently hard coded and are more suited to GT/Formula racing than street cars. At some point I/we should add some logic like the Tyre Temp app where it knows the relevant slip angles for the various tyre types and compounds.

I should probably post this app into it's own thread. :)

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

it it possible to have it show .000 instead of .00 please
Try this: http://esotic.com/media/EsoticDeltaV1.7.zip

There's some new INI options:
appwidth allows you to set how wide the app should be. everything else should resize (height, font, etc).

threedigitprecision allows you to enable 3 digits after the decimal (what Philip asked for). The app is only updating the text every .1 seconds, so that update frequency may also need to be an option for you to have the data presented how you are imagining

showlaptimedelay allows you to see the LastLap time when you cross the start finish for however many milliseconds you decide. The default is 4000.0, and if you set it to 0.0 it disables this function.

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

V1.9 updates include options in the INI for adjusting background opacity, toggling the border, and running the delta as fast as possible (as opposed to every .1 seconds).

If anyone is curious, I created a comparison video that shows some differences between the new Kunos Perfomance Delta and my Perf Delta App:

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

Hi

What have I done wrong if I get this error in the log?
Python [ERROR] ERROR LOADING MODULE : sys.path.append('apps/python/EsoticDelta')?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Hi

What have I done wrong if I get this error in the log?
Python [ERROR] ERROR LOADING MODULE : sys.path.append('apps/python/EsoticDelta')?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

It seems like sometimes apps are not compatible with each other, maybe due to support/library files being being different. What other apps are you running?

It seems like sometimes apps are not compatible with each other, maybe due to support/library files being being different. What other apps are you running?

I have Chat, Draggable Clock, Esotic Delta, EsoticKMHDelta, carRadar, gMeter and Helicorsa enabled. Will try to disable all other beside the three default and your two.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%