1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Erros in the aplication, when open saved track

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Barbje_Keller, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Strange stupid error, when I open my old project, and all was fine. Then I make save as different track, delete all objeckt, save and close. And when I try open this saved track - has this error :mad:
    SCRS002.jpg SCRS003.jpg SCRS001.jpg

Thank's for answer :)
  2. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Looks like you`ve delted an xpack, or something within an xpack that the track is still trying to refer to.

Best thing to do is either put the xpacks/objects back in the project folder, or use the pain-in-the-backside restor method.
  3. thanks, I will try it
  4. I copying all xPack but projeckt - don't work :(
  5. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Restore method it is then. :(

Go to BTB/Temporary Files, and in there will be a load of randomly named files. These are backups that BTB creates.

Sort them by date, and pick the most recent one. The name and extension will be a mix of letters and numbers. Rename it to Venue.bin. Then copy it to BTB/My Projects/PROJECT_NAME. If it doesn't work, repeat for other temp files. If this doesn't work then it is a problem with missing files/folders. Best make a backup of Venue.bin first before attempting the restore method. It worked for me, but some recent changes were lost.
  6. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Out of interest... how often does BTB generate these backups?
  7. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I don't know. The trial I had made hundreds, but I've had the full for a few months now and I have a grand total of...wait for it...1.
  8. I believe it just records undo steps from time to time as you're running the program, and I seem to remember that if you turn undo off in BTB's options you don't get any backups saved.

Also they get deleted from the folder after a couple of weeks when you run BTB.