1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Erros in the aplication, when open saved track

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Barbje_Keller, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Barbje_Keller

Barbje_Keller

Ratings:
    +34
    Strange stupid error, when I open my old project, and all was fine. Then I make save as different track, delete all objeckt, save and close. And when I try open this saved track - has this error :mad:
    SCRS002.jpg SCRS003.jpg SCRS001.jpg

Thank's for answer :)

2. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Ratings:
    +13
    Looks like you`ve delted an xpack, or something within an xpack that the track is still trying to refer to.

Best thing to do is either put the xpacks/objects back in the project folder, or use the pain-in-the-backside restor method.

3. Barbje_Keller

Barbje_Keller

Ratings:
    +34
    thanks, I will try it

4. Barbje_Keller

Barbje_Keller

Ratings:
    +34
    I copying all xPack but projeckt - don't work :(

5. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    Banned

Ratings:
    +93
    Restore method it is then. :(

Go to BTB/Temporary Files, and in there will be a load of randomly named files. These are backups that BTB creates.

Sort them by date, and pick the most recent one. The name and extension will be a mix of letters and numbers. Rename it to Venue.bin. Then copy it to BTB/My Projects/PROJECT_NAME. If it doesn't work, repeat for other temp files. If this doesn't work then it is a problem with missing files/folders. Best make a backup of Venue.bin first before attempting the restore method. It worked for me, but some recent changes were lost.

6. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Ratings:
    +13
    Out of interest... how often does BTB generate these backups?

7. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    Banned

Ratings:
    +93
    I don't know. The trial I had made hundreds, but I've had the full for a few months now and I have a grand total of...wait for it...1.

8. chub_pearson

chub_pearson

Ratings:
    +2
    I believe it just records undo steps from time to time as you're running the program, and I seem to remember that if you turn undo off in BTB's options you don't get any backups saved.

Also they get deleted from the folder after a couple of weeks when you run BTB.