Error with rFactor loading textures already used in another track

I'm building a track for which I need a couple of buildings. I've been trying to use a couple of buildings that I already used for another track, but now when rFactor tries to load the track it gives me a loading texture error. Although in the previous track they worked perfectly fine.

Any idea why this is happening?

This could be one of two things off the top of my head. A) they are not the correct size - if they are DDS they must be sized to the power of 2. or B) the textures are not in the correct folder for rFactor to pick them up.

To be 100% honest, these are 3d buildings pulled from Google Earth, the textures are jpeg and very probably incorrectly sized. What is weird is that they worked fine in another track and now they don't in this one.

If I were to convert them to *.dds, Should I do it after modifying the models in SketchUp, or before? after putting them on the track in BTB or before?
What would be the best way?
Much thanks for the replies

Thank you.
Should I convert the textures before loading them into the Xpack, or before modifying the models on SketchUp?

The weirdest thing is that these same models already worked on rFactor before, just on another track, which still works fine.

Ok, now I understand why sometimes non-powers of 2 jpgs works and other times they don’t. Apparently if one side doesn’t exceed 724 pixels it will load and display in rF properly. I can get 724 X 724 to load just as well as 724 X 3.
Larger than 724 causes an error.

always safe using powers of 2 tho.

I will try to batch convert all textures to have it's longer side no bigger than 724. Will keep u posted. Thanx

Hopefully i can get to try this over the course of this next week.
The track itself is pretty much finished, race surface, kerbs, walls, pits, trees, traffic lights, street lights. but the thing is that it's a city track, so i need all those buildings to fill all the blocks and make it look like a city!! :)

Ok, now I understand why sometimes non-powers of 2 jpgs works and other times they don’t. Apparently if one side doesn’t exceed 724 pixels it will load and display in rF

Don't think that's the case, because I just had to readjust some smaller jpgs to powers of 2 sizes to prevent CTD's when loading a track. Once size-adjusted, loaded ok.

Was the result of some such textures in Jimlaads 'Assorted Track Objects' Xpack, btw (I used a bridge which was in there).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 484 39.0%