Error message

Guys

Had a bit of a faff about with RF today after some time away, installed some stuff, uninstalled some stuff.

I get an erroe messgae when trying to boot the game?

Error loading coreshaders or something, coreshaders.mas?

Any ideas?

Hmmm sounds like it might be trying to load up using a mod that might have been uninstalled ..?

Have you tried running rFactor Config, choosing your display options again and then trying to launch the game, only think I can think of at this time of night sorry, lol.

Stu

Stu

Yes I have tried that, I know what you mean, I think I might be perhaps missing a rfm or something, but I cant find anything obvious!

I was playing a mod that I since deleted last time I succesfully playes the game.

Hmmm not sure what else to suggest really, hopefully someone else will come along with the solution.

Personally if it were me I would copy all of my profile data, saves, replays etc so I didn't loose it, save it somewhere safe then re-install rFactor over the top of the current installation. Some will say this is a bad thing to do but im my experience it works a treat, it would leave all the third party files alone and update just the rFactor installation files hopefully resolving the issue. If it failed I would just do a fresh install and then re-install my MOD's etc.

The only way this would fail is if the issue you have IS with a MOD preventing rFactor from starting but that could depent on what MOD's you have installed, plugins etc, the above is ok for a basic installation with just MOD's but for a more customised game with loads of MOD's and plugins it might not work.

Stu

It was somehting to do with drag factor, after I uninstalled that mod after only a brief play, the entire game would not boot up correctly.

They are responsible for my entire rfactor game being corrupted.

Be warned, dont ever download this mod.

Will now likely never play this game again as the support for players is woeful after RF2 came out.

It would take me about a year to download all of the wtuff that was on there.

Very, very very annoyed about this.

Sorry to hear that Rob, I had that happen once and since that happened any MOD files I downloaded I always saved to my external hard drive so I'd never have to hunt for them again, just a suggestion for the future downloads.

Hope you get it up and running again soon ..!

Stu

Nah mate, I am not going to run it anymore

It's old hat now, might have a go at Project CARS instead.

RF feels so bad now!

Even though mods much as Historix and Enduracers are pretty much worthy of a price tag on their own aswell as the original game

I might try it thanks kyle, uninstalled it all now, so never mind

Just had a go in CARS, its not bad actually, very pretty, though FFB and steering need a lot of work, but if you look at their updates it is obvious this is whre theya re trying to improve

Oh just the junior

After a few hours play it looks lovely, some great touches but the control method leaves a lot to be desired.

You can tell it is designed for controllers rather than wheels, things like the pedals go about half way down before doing much, the steering is a bit laggy and weird/.

But lots of potential, am only on update 1.2something though, new one comes out monthly if you are junior

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back