Error loading texture Sky for material SKY

I was fiddling around with a BTB project of mine trying to create a commonmaps file, it started producing an error in rFactor "Error loading texture Sky for material SKY" and "Error loading global material SKY". Naturally I put EVERYTHING back to how it was before the error but I still got the same error. I've tried everything! I know its nothing to do with the sky.MAS file because it is perfect, and I can't imagine it being anything to do with the .SCN .TDF .GDB .AIW or .CAM file because I have checked them over and they are perfect, also the error is across the whole track not just each individual layout (of which there are 4). Please help, I am willing to try anything to get it working.

Liam Coggan

I now know what the problem is. I didn't realise there was some modding to do in the .SCN file. When you add a [trackname]map.MAS file you have to state it in the .SCN file. The coding should look like this:

For example - my Cadwell Park mod

mas file layout.jpg

For some reason it only works in that order too.

I hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

I now know what the problem is. I didn't realise there was some modding to do in the .SCN file. When you add a [trackname]map.MAS file you have to state it in the .SCN file. The coding should look like this:

For example - my Cadwell Park mod

View attachment 45028

For some reason it only works in that order too.

I hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.
SCN file. where is that i cant find an scn file. ? i dont understand whats up with it. it use to work the other day now i cant load any tracks at all without getting this sky texture error. i have different sky mods and i have tried adding them but it doesnt change anything i also had a commonmaps file commonmapsGSC i added this it use to work but now nothing works. there was some info about changing some text with this file but the problem was who ever added this file didnt offer english info. so i couldnt follow it. i dont know where this scn file is. can you give us a guide please. thankyou.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 97 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 73 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 49 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 106 13.7%