1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Error creating standard default shader in steam

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Decenten, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Decenten

Decenten
    Driver of the #73 Team OGMRZ Holden V8SC Premium Member

I am getting this error when I try to join the single or multiplayer side of the game after opening in steam. Any suggestions? I had a look in the steam forums and online but have found nothing

2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

Delete all files in the "UserData/log/shader" folder. rF2 will create new shader files.

If you change graphic settings, shader files will be overwritten with new shader files based on you new graphic settings. Maybe something went wrong during this process. (Not sure :barefoot:)

But deleting the shader files in the UserData/log/shader folder doesn't harm. It's like a fresh install. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Decenten

Decenten

Did that and it still doesnt work

4. I had that last night. It crashed RF2 so bad I couldn't get out of the program at all. I had to poweroff the entire machine. When I brought it back up, I went to steam and verified the install. It found four "bad" files that it replaced. After that, it was fine. I suggest you try verifying. Just in case someone runs across this down the road and doesn't know how to do that, in Steam, right click on RaceFactor 2 in the left pane and select Properties. From the properties menu, select Local Files. Under the Local Files tab, select Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

5. Decenten

Decenten

Still didnt work. Said there was nothing wrong with my game... Thanks for the help though

6. On page 4 of the Steam RF2 discussion board there are a couple of suggestions in a post about that issue. Did you try those, too?

7. Decenten

Decenten

didnt see that. I didnt go back that far

8. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

Snip

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Decenten

Decenten

I have to laugh at ISI. The solution isnt even free. Its going to cost me nearly $50 to use that program

10. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

O sorry, then it's a fake.... :sick:

11. Decenten

Decenten

Not your fault Gijs. I still dont understand how changing from standalone to steam would cause this default shader error. ISI had no idea when I emailed them