Enhanced Forum Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Omer

Possibly a little over the top but may I suggest you make a fake game in a post here with 2 lanes and 4 drivers or something, and show the first 2 rounds as an example with the moves?

Here is an example of two rounds, As you can see 6 drivers are playing and ready on their grid slots to start the game ( The starting order will be according to your sign up time to the game, Thomas is the first registrant and he will start on pole )

Then after the 1st round begins, you will have 4 days to write your risque levels here, let's say:

TH said: Do or Die - Don't Change Line
MG: Steady - To right
RB: Steady - To Left
RG: Push - Don't change line
SL: Easy - To Right
DS: Do or Die - To Left

Then i will open the Randomization site and write down these numbers from 1 to 14:
randomization.png

At TH's randomization result is 13, and do or die demands 13 or 14, so he moves up to 13 places and he said 'Don't change line' so he keeps at the left side:
demo1.jpg

Then i randomize for MG, result is 3, oh noes that's out of Steady levels. So he doesn't move, and when you can't move, you can't change your line, so he stays where he is.

And now RB gets randomization, and the result is 8! In the Steady level so he moves! Also he said 'To Left', let's see how driving line changing works, first he moves then at the last tile he changes his line:
demo2.jpg

Now for RG, he gets 14! but it's out of Push levels so he stays where he is.

SL gets 5, and it's in Easy levels so he moves, but MG block his way, so he can't move 5 tiles, but he also said 'to right':
demo3.jpg

And now DS gets 14! And it's in Do or Die levels, but there is a SL on his way, also he said 'to left', here is what happens to him:
demo4.jpg

..SO.. The first round has come to an end, i will post this updated picture here and will give you 4 more days to write up your risques and line changes. I hope this Demo is sufficient, if you have questions, please please please ask! :thumb:

Last 2 days to sign up to this funny game ;)

If you choose Easy, and if you get 10 at the randomization you won't move at that round. You need 1,2,3,4,5 to move at that round. Even you can't move, you can change your driving line.

Then i randomize for MG, result is 3, oh noes that's out of Steady levels. So he doesn't move, and when you can't move, you can't change your line, so he stays where he is.

Hi Omer,

I don't understand this rule, because in the first post, you said that when you can't move, you can change your driving line. And in the last post you said that you can't change your driving line if you can't move.

So the Enhanced Forum Racing's 1st Race starts now, all be ready for this 3 LAPS challenge. Now you have 4 days to tell your strategy for the 1st round. You can both pm or reply here.
round_0.jpg
round_0.jpg

.2..............1..................GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO

At first round, it's from pole to last, but in next rounds, it will be randomized order :) ( Actually i was planning to use pole to last order at every round but your idea is marvelous :) Thanks! )

added to rules :)

This game maybe still has some flaws and errors, we will find new rules as we play :)

I'd say use the rules I suggested back in the beta test session.

The gear-ratio system

For example:
1st gear: 1-2 steps
2nd gear: 2-5 steps
3rd gear: 4-8 steps
and so on.

You can only upshift by 1 gear at a time, you may downshift as many as you want but if you downshift 2 gears, 1 damage points will be added, downshifting by 3 costs 2 damage points and so on.

If you're cornering too fast (too much gear in a corner) there's a chance that you will get damage points depending on how fast you're cornering. If you reach a certain damage points, your car is destroyed and you're DNFed.

NOTE: This is just a base idea, I could expand it.

To me it looks too much complicated. But that's my opinion, let's hear from others.

BY THE WAY, Chris Butcher and Matthew Gutteridge need to submit their strategies. :thumb: There are still 3 days but if you submit, we can advance earlier ;)

Simple actually. You just pick which gear you are using, and random.org will randomize a number of steps from the ratio.

Yes but random.org will not manage which gear drivers are in or whether they have selected a legal gear based on the one they are in from the last round.

Its just more work for Omer that's not really necessary.

+1 to Dave, it would kill me to calculate so much things, also would demand more thinking for players, turning this into a strategy game.

And the first round advanced!!!!!
randomization.png

round_1.jpg

Unbelievable start! Thomas Hackel, Matthew Gutteridge and Ross Balfour stalls. Also backmarker 3 drivers are also stalled. Dave and Rhys caught in the traffic while Sebastien managed to avoid any obstacle and move into the lead!

IMPORTANT: As you can see AWOLers look like ghosts, they turn into ghosts and you can move through them. But if they AWOL 3 times consecuvitely, they are completely gone.

SECOND ROUND BEGINS! You have 4 days to write your strategies Pm or replying here :thumb:

what a muppet! I thought we were going the other way around.

GRRRRRR!

EDIT: How can Ondrej be in the right hand lane? He chose steady left and didnt move, so doesn't he move left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back